Another Notch in the hilt for the Bat-Slayer!!

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Syress, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Syress

Syress Slayer of Bats Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

As per Niz’s request, she had asked in my previous post for more Epic Syress Battles. It would seem fate has granted her wish late this evening, as I was thrown into another riveting duel with my old winged nemeses … For those of you that do not know the back story, please refer to this post before proceeding. http://www.tenaciousgamers.com/showthread.php?554-An-Epic-Battle-in-RL-Syress-is-Victorious

<O:p</O:pWhile relaxing in my armory (the office), my eyes started to grow heavy, and I began to consider logging off and retiring for the evening. There was but one mob, and some loot to clean up and another dungeon would be marked cleared for me, in the land of Skyrim. As I buffed up my toon, and stealthed into the boss chamber, I caught the glimpse of a shadow flicker past me out of the corner of my eye IRL. I looked up from my laptop as it came about again, this time however, I could make out a silhouette I knew all too well. It had been nearly 18 months since my last encounter, but some things… some images… you never… ever forget…

Frantically, I spun around in my swivel chair to face my winged foe. Keeping its distance, it fluttered about the armory (office), almost calling me out or challenging me as it circled. I sat motionless keeping a cautious eye on my aggressor. This one was much larger, much faster, and it did not stop and perch as the last one did. I slowly reached down and donned my helmet (dirty, concrete covered T-shirt) once again, and subtly glanced over to my axe leaning in the corner only 6 feet away. Just as I was ready to make my move, the winged fiend swooped down towards me. I ducked out of its path, as he circled about and exited the room. Without hesitation, I grabbed my axe and gave chase down the hall. The beast fluttered down the narrow corridor and fled into the Master’s Chambers (My bedroom). I tactfully stopped short, closed the door behind it, and stuffed my helm (t-shirt) under the door trapping my foe inside.

<O:pWith a few moments to spare, I briskly returned to the armory (office) to better equip myself. I quickly donned a chest piece (Penn State Ice Hockey Jersey. Seriously, my custom-made scale/chain mail hauberk takes like 20 minutes to put on), equipped another helmet (t-shirt), and grabbed my broad sword as well. Leaning my sword against the wall outside the closed door of the sealed room, I could hear the thumbing and scraping of my enemy frantically trying to escape. I slowly cracked the door open and peered inside to see him flying about vigorously looking for an exit. Every king knows his castle, and I knew the only way he would find out of that room was on the end of my sword.

Several minutes passed as I waited, until finally all movement inside had stopped. I readied my axe, quietly slipped inside closing the door behind me (Just like Thunderdome, "Two man enter, one man leave…”). Once inside I quickly surveyed the arena. There was no sign of my enemy, as I slowly made my way to the center. I firmly gripped hilt of my battle axe as I looked about the room, scanning for my prey. Suddenly, a figure swooped down from my back right! I turned just in time to dodge the sneak attack, as the fiend was hiding perched above the door I had just entered. It fluttered around at me again, as I leaned back and swung my blade in its direction. The blade chopped through the air missing its mark; however it was enough to redirect the assailant’s advance. The winged opponent circled the room gaining momentum, and flew at me again. I sliced at him a second time, this time making contact. The “tink” of my steel hitting its target echoed through the quiet room. My eyes lit up, but just briefly as my prey lost altitude only for a second, then continued on its course. The beast stayed in the air, keeping his distance as it flew about. My pulse raced and my breathing became rampant as I stood at the ready waiting for its next attack.

After a few moments, my rival regained its strength, and came about heading straight at me. With a deep breath I turned my axe in my hands and swung at the oncoming foe. The flat of the blade slapped the beast out of the air, sending it a few feet until its body thudded against the wall, and fell to the ground. With my opponent stunned I ran up and spiked it to the ground with the back of my axe. It shrieked in pain and hatred, as it spread its wings desperately trying to free itself. Reveling in the sight of my pinned adversary for only a moment (and taking a pic), I casually strolled over and opened the door to present my sword. The fallen foe closed its wings and accepted its defeat as I stood above it with my blade in hand. Raising the sword, I centered it directly above its neck I muttered, “There can be only one…” and with one swift fell swoop put it out of its misery.

<O:pLighting a cigarette and taking a deep drag, I felt a slight remorse come over me as I stared at my fallen foe. This is the second time I had walked away from such a battle, and I could not help but think to myself, “I really need to look into fixing that window and insulating my attic…” ;)<O:p</O:p

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    Kelace likes this.
  2. Syress

Syress Slayer of Bats Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

And of course, Pics or it didnt happen :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Kelace likes this.
  3. Majaba

Majaba Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

.. bad ass lol

4. AngryAssassin

AngryAssassin The Lurkinator Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

.../kneel

5. Zawr

Zawr I'm the f**king Monarch! Loremaster Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Surely you are a god amongst us mortal men.

/bow
    /kneel
    /grovel

6. Killington

Killington Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Epic story!:D

7. Kegg

Kegg Tá mé caoch ar meisce! Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

Coming soon:
    Bat-slayer Part 2: The visit from PETA

8. Nizroc

Nizroc I cry when you die, it's what I do Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

OMG Sy.... do you have a bat infestation where you live??? wow.... lol... and next time I want a txt or call right after it happens.... geeez. :)

GO BAT SLAYER GO..

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  9. Nizroc

Nizroc I cry when you die, it's what I do Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

and I just realized you stabbed the bat in the NONO spot.... EEEK

10. AngryAssassin

AngryAssassin The Lurkinator Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

...you have GOT to get that window fixed man :p

11. wmhdave

wmhdave I feel stabby Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

LMAO Donnie, epic tale of bravery.