Ashes Of Creation Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Ashes of Creation' started by Kimmz, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Kimmz

Kimmz Akita....Aka Kimmz Tenacious Gamer

Intrepid Studios is proud to announce the Open Beta for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse will begin December 18th,
    registration is now open at Apocalypse.AshesofCreation.com ! Apocalypse will let players into the world of Ashes
    with access to 3 unique game modes as a precursor to the Most

As this testing period was introduced, we decided to package up the intended game modes of Battle Royale, Castle Sieges and Co-Op Horde and rename it Apocalypse. We also decided that we wanted to stress our server infrastructure with as many players as possible. So on December 18th we will grant this testing phase to everyone as a Free-To-Play experience.

We are also happy to announce, that you will be able to earn cosmetics within Apocalypse that will carry over with your account into Ashes of Creation the MMORPG! Apocalypse allows us to introduce players to the art and immersive nature of the world of Ashes early on. Giving us a persistent environment to deploy assets as they are created for the MMORPG. This also means, that those of you who own backer cosmetics from Kickstarter or the Pre-Order store, will be able to see some of these on your character in Apocalypse before the launch of Ashes.

Apocalypse will have Chapters with Adventure Paths that have 50 levels of progression available to players, and will update every 10-weeks. This will give players a free progression path filled with unique cosmetics that are earnable through the collection of experience from playing any of the 3 game modes Apocalypse will offer. There will be an optional Legendary Path that players can purchase. Both paths provide daily quests and weekly quests for players to complete. These quests give lore that relates to the story of Verra during the Fall, thousands of years before the start of the MMORPG.

We have decided that all Alpha One backers will have lifetime access to the Legendary path. We will also be giving all Beta and Alpha Two backers access to the first Chapter's Legendary path, with over 50 cosmetics available to earn!

The benefit of the Apocalypse testing period with the limited scope of these 3 game modes, is the ability to collect much needed data with regards to;
    • Server Architecture
    • Server Stability
    • Server Deployment
    • Large Scale Battle Optimization
    • Action-Combat Designs
    • Castle Siege Design
    • AI and Boss Designs
    • Character Asset Polish
    • Environment Optimization
    • Account Management Deployment
    • Launcher/Patcher Deployment
    While all of these features are further tested through our Alpha and Beta schedules, the ability to deploy Apocalypse with the Battle Royale, Castle Siege and Horde modes available provided great opportunity for refinement before the Alpha and Beta periods that does not impact our development schedule of the MMORPG.

Intrepid is very excited to be able to offer this experience to all the fans following our development. We hope that Apocalypse delivers many hours of fun for you to enjoy in the world of Verra. Everyone on the team is incredibly thankful for the dedication and commitment that our Glorious Community has shown Ashes and we cannot wait to see you in game!

Bobuko, Monte and stafoo like this.
  2. Bobuko

Bobuko That sexy ass Ninja you heard about Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

holy shit...0 posts. ok ok. here we go. they let us all into the alpha sandbox( Arena) to crash burn and get some sweet keeper stats( and you will crash, its fucking ALPHA). its FTP and you get cosmetics + ?? unlocked through play that will stay on your account through launch . still set for late 2019 for the full game....so far...its "alpha fortnight shit" but i got faith that this game is going to break ground once they solidify more of the combat features. 2 cents.. - i suggest anyone who even remotely likes games like skyrim and any mmorpg get their meat hooks in. see you there my dudes!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  3. Doctorhoo

Doctorhoo Captain Towers Tenacious Gamer

Nice Cosmetic Stuff if you play...Not sure If i'm feeling the fortnite vibe here though, then again...its very early in the process

4. Mishi

Mishi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Chapter Lead

Looks pretty nice, just the combat style doesn't seem to be one I'd be able to play without getting sick lol, unless I can put my camera MUCH further away from my character. :/

(Though who knows.)

5. Serenaelia

Serenaelia Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

The combat is not as bad as it seems @Mishi . I have been fully involved with it (yes, me, pvp...lol) and you can adjust your camera, the speed as to how fast it turns around, the depth, etc.

I have been having a lot of fun with an amazing group of people from the Dungeon Crawler Network and I must say I will probably get involved with both PVP and PVE aspect of Ashes.

6. Mishi

OMG

Seren....PVP......What is the world coming to!?! (By the way YAYYYYYYY)
    Actually I'm glad to hear you can change everything. Right now I'm trying to not get to hyped about AoC. (Various reasons) However hearing you can change things and not have it just the same as the video is great to hear. My issue is I don't mind quick mouse movements (prefer them) the issue is being up close on a character/1st person like, because the scenery when I move makes me sick...lol Further away from my toon I can put the camera, the better. :D

7. Monte

Monte Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

I havent tried it yet . But should lol. Can't wait for the real game to come out.

8. Pewterdraconis

Pewterdraconis Tenacious Gamer

So orbital space station view confirmed for Mishi? That spec there is your toon.

Mishi likes this.
  9. Mishi

I prefer "Helicopter" view.
    That way the specs are different for people. I Need to know who to kill and who not to.... :p