Best way to go?

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Sanch, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Sanch

Sanch Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Heya. I've start playing this for a month now. I wounder are expansion adventure worth spending time or cash. Or should i just collect gold to do arena?

2. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Adventures are definitely worth it. They usually have some of the best cards. However, arena is amazing if you can get good at it. If you are good at arena, I just recommend doing that, building up gold for adventures and your card collection. Otherwise, just take it slow. Do your daily quests at least. I've been playing for a long time so someone else might know a better way to start out.

Erica likes this.
  3. Dovi

Dovi Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

If you're picking up any 1 expansion I'd suggest Naxxramus as it still is the expansion with most used good cards.

Hearthstone is a game of collecting but I'd suggest focusing one deck at a time, if you try to save every card you ever get for every deck your progress will be very slow. I'd focus on 1-2 decks and disenchant extras to fund those decks creation. (You may keep some cards for the future that you feel like it would be hard to acquire again.)

I've done two of the expansions funding it purely with just gold which is hard but doable, 2800g per expansion and one where I straight up bought it.

Make sure to look up all hidden quests of hearthstone, such as get every class to level 10, beat all ai on expert there are many ways to be given free card packs and 100g. Your first arena run is free, once you get really good at arena you can make it self sustained by winning 300-500g per run. The first win in every weeks tavern brawl will also give you a card pack.

Feel free to add if you need any help. Dovy#1422

Here are Hearthstones hidden quests.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Quest

Erica likes this.
  4. Erica

Erica Mumble Silence Champion Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

• Daily quests are obviously the best way to get gold.
    • You can "X" out a quest for a different one once a day. There are 40g, 50g, 60g, 100g, and free pack quests. The 100g quest that says "wins 7 games" can be completed by dueling a friend and them conceding at the start if you want to knock it out fast. :p
    • If you are willing to spend a little bit of money, buying the adventures will give you plenty to do for a while. Either way, I was suggest you do them in order. Naxx, Blackrock, then Explorers. Adventures are a great way to get lots of cards and a few useful legendaries.
    • As far as doing arena vs just buying packs, it's up to how well you do at arenas. If you can get 3-4+ wins every time then you are doing better than buying packs.
    • If you do buy packs, don't buy the default packs because they are given as rewards for tavern brawls and quests so you'll end up getting more of those packs no matter what. I would go with Goblin vs Gnome packs over The Grand Tournament packs until you at least get most of the commons from GvG.
    • Disenchanting gold cards can get you lots of dust to make other cards. I would suggest saving up for a few key legendaries, such as Dr.Boom and Sylvanas, or if you like playing longer games Ysera and/or Alexstrasza.

Dovi likes this.
  5. TheMadKing

TheMadKing King of candy land! come play with me! Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Yes, and Yes
    I have bought all the expanisons so far using gold i've got from dailies alone it well worth it, takes about 2 weeks to get enough gold(700) to buy it tho. Tho i like how everything is made so you never have to spend real money to get it. its a fun addictive game, plus its moblie