Camelot Unchained

Discussion in 'Camelot Unchained' started by Within, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Zorph

Zorph Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Katmondi if you don’t have a key yet get in touch with Ledmojo. This is looking to be DAoC on steroids. He says this is not DAoC II, but many of the concepts are the same just more advanced and up to date. Both are 3 realms. I might be wrong, but I think there might be a small similarity – Albion/Authurian, Midgard/Vikings and Hibernia/Tuatha De Danann?

I was just talking to some friends about how they are going to put in collision. I think this will make tanks much more useful. You won’t be able to just run through them.

Kelace and Shiala like this.
  2. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

yeah haven't gotten one yet.

@Ledmojo

If they add collision that would be awesome, favorite memory is being an Ice wizard and running into the keep lords room and spamming my aoe, killed like 8 people, was good times.

3. Rainedance

Rainedance Free Pumpkin Hugs For Everyone Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

This is bringing back memories! DAoC was my very first MMO! Played on the Alb side, maxed out on all the crafting (of course!), all but a couple of the classes. Loved the housing and the fact that you could have a merchant on your front porch to sell your goods not to mention being able to have merchants in your home to purchase all your crafting needs. I also liked that you could set up your house to handle all your crafting needs, you didn't have to go to the city to do your crafting!

Game play wise, was a blast! My first experience with PVP or in this case RvR, it was addicting! I really did have fun storming the castle!!! I was so sad when the game just kind of died. I tried War Hammer, and WOW ....disappointed. It was years before I found a new game that I loved and enjoyed just as much as DAoC....Aion!!! lol

I would love to give this game a try...hopefully it will live up to or surpass the original!

4. Zorph

@Raindancer – FYI – Everyone will be able to craft, but they are also going to have classes that are crafters 100% of the time. So if some people don’t want to fight they can craft. They are going to take many of the best features from Star Wars Galaxies for crafting according to the notes I read. I have been told SWG had an awesome crafting system. You never have to PvE to progress (different than DAoC).

Rainedance likes this.
  5. Rainedance

Rainedance Free Pumpkin Hugs For Everyone Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

@Zorph A class for crafting only....holy moly! That is awesome!!! Is this game still in Beta?? I would like to see if I could try it out!

6. Zorph

I am looking to upgrade my account to get more beta keys. You can sign up now to get into beta which officially will start on July 4th. But they are doing a ton of alpha/beta testing now 100v100v100. I am guessing a 2019 release.

If you want to do crafting thought I am guessing September or so, but that is a pure guess.

7. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Crafting in SWG was amazeballs. I remember traveling to different worlds setting up nodes and collecting so I could become a Doctor. Soooo much fun

8. Misaki

Misaki Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

DAoC was my very first MMORPG. My life has never been the same since. I would not change a thing. RvR is the only type of PvP I like.

Zorph likes this.
  9. Zorph

They are making some huge changes from DAoC. Eliminating PvE is probably the biggest.

10. Rhuprec

Rhuprec Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

I have Beta 1 access. I have to admit though, I have not been on much when we have been allowed.

11. Zorph

Closed beta is starting July 4th. We are also going to do Crowfall. Which is another PvP game.