Challenges

Discussion in 'WildStar Online' started by Vanye, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Vanye

Vanye Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Failing miserably at challenges!!! I played a little bit of Beta and never had any issues with completing challenges, although most were only completed on Bronze. I am finding now that there are no tiers on any of the challenges. You either complete it or you don't. With the extreme difficulty, it is impossible to finish in time. It seems like everything is Gold or bust. In Beta it gave you a number of how many to kill for each tier. Now all you get is a percentage. Respawn rate is awful!! In Beta stuff spawned quickly and you were able to do these easily. Is respawn rate based on population of the zone? So far everything seems almost empty which would explain why nothing is respawning. I hope to god that end game zones are full or did everyone abandon the game already? What happened to the 4hr wait to log in? When I first joined, all servers were only on medium load and it was prime playing time in the evening.

2. CrimsonEclipse

CrimsonEclipse You Jelly Bruh? Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Ok,

Lets breathe....

There are still tiers of challenges, did a few yesterday and got a few Silver and Gold rewards. If you are early level in game I think most challenges don't have tiers until you leave the beginning areas but I could be wrong. Challenges are hard though, most seem to be better suited for at least a group of 2, they don't make some of them easy. Also, I agree with the respawn rate for some of the challenges not all. I mean you can always cancel the challenge before it ends and restart again once you have a better idea of were mob/item placements are to try and obtain a better reward.

As for server load, don't have much of a comment but I would assume most busy would be at night around 6pm-7pm and onward. At launch there were long que times but Carbine actually did a good job and fixing that up relatively fast, not sure what their solution was but server population is still good.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the 1st free month of play time is up, so most likely some people jumped ship which is normal in any mmo so I wouldn't worry to much about that at the moment.

3. Kyndig

Kyndig Alpha Geek Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

I haven't had much trouble with most challenges on my stalker; seems like it's kinda class dependent, as well as spec. DPS specs tend to do better.

As for tiers, they don't really start showing up until Auroria (level 15+), although a couple in Illium have them.

The game's still pretty full; thing is at this point a) you're getting people who are quitting after the free month and b) the most dedicated players who are most likely to stay are working on raid attunement. Try queueing for PvP; you'll have a game in a matter of seconds, no matter the time of day...