Class question

Discussion in 'Skyforge' started by Baab, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Baab

Baab Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I started with paladin and just got it to where I can now see the whole atlas. After spending that time I realized I don't really like the paladin. I was thinking of leveling up cryomancer instead of working towards another class so I could switch now. Do I miss anything by not working on the rest of the atlas now outside of getting another class sooner?

2. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

You don't really lose anything ... you'll just start over on the Cryomancer Atlas and you'll need to farm some more Red/Blue/Green sparks to get you to the split ... and then you'll start using Cryomancer sparks. The only thing you've really lost is time.

3. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

I started with Paladin aswell. No one hates Paladin more than me. Heck, Paladin hates me too. I can't play it. It's awful. I don't know what I'm doing - it's literally the worst thing ever. (I'm probably exaggerating a little bit)

With that out of the way, I'm maxing Paladin before I branch out for the sole reason of getting the Paladin symbol. Which is why I decided to play it to begin with. If you're a premium account you'll accumulate Sparks of Evolution, and you can switch to whatever class you want and use those sparks to level up the Paladin Class to max without playing it.

There are reasons not to switch classes because it makes the whole process longer... But it's really up to you, like if you're totally miserable by all means go ahead and switch... I'm personally working towards Archer because I know I want to play that - but I'm sticking out with Paladin until I max it for sure. (I'm also a masochist and like to torture myself)

:p

4. Averie

I just wanna clarify, you do not unlock new classes by maxing out a class or anywhere in the lower atlas. You'll get there slower because when you start leveling a new class atlas you'll be spending sparks that could be spent in your upper atlas (the red, blue, green ones) so you're stealing from the progression you could be making up there.

Sorry if you already knew this but your question was worded in a way where I wasn't sure if you were aware of that or not so I wanted to put the info out there just in case :3

5. Baab

Baab Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

To clarify, I do understand how that works in regards to spending the sparks in cryomancer instead of working towards another class. I am going to test out all the classes in the simulator to see which one might appeal to me the most and decide what I want to work towards. I've only tried one, the monk, and it was fun but I know that is a long distance on the upper atlas. I don't expect to be maxing my sparks on a weekly basis either so everything will take much longer for me.

6. Averie

That's a solid idea plus you get costumes, lol.

7. grouchy

grouchy Smiling on the inside Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Board Member Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

The training room can give you a small view of other classes. Playing the missions as another class will give some idea as well. I found playing necro in the training room unexciting, but in an instance with different powers I really liked it.

You miss out on greatness nodes to update your temples if you stick to the lower atlas. Plus the ether sparks might pile up. But if you don't have argents, those sparks probably aren't going to come used

8. Hellis

Hellis Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I am not sure why you guys hate paladin, that thing is un killiable, I pull half of the map and kill everything lol. But no not my style of play, training room did give me a few great outlooks on what to work towards. Other than that if you'd like to see other classes in action with higher prestige I'd suggest going here:
    http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Skyforge

...and see for yourself, great way to decide

9. Zenkai

Zenkai Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I'd still be playing Paladin if I didn't buy the Collectors Edition (Knight is more fun imo). Taking awhile to get to the Zerker. Going back I would have worked all 3 of the starter classes through their starting atlas as you have to play them for 200 kills for some of the talent quests.

10. Kinson

Kinson Epic Gamer Epic Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

Go back to Dankit Island (the first mini region in the game) to do the 200 kills quest. You'll burn through mobs even with a minimal skill set for those classes.