Control Warrior, late game is the best game

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Zeklomontu, Sep 10, 2015.

  1. Zeklomontu

    Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2014
    Messages:
    1,548
    Likes Received:
    807
    Trophy Points:
    655
    Gender:
    Male
    Decklist:
    Warrior Cards:
    -(1)Execute x2
    -(1)Shield Slam x2
    -(2)Fiery War Axe x2
    -(2)Cruel Taskmaster x2
    -(3)Bash x2
    -(3)Shield Block x2
    -(4)Death's Bite x2
    -(5)Brawl x2
    -(6)Shieldmaiden x2
    -(:cool:Grommash Hellscream

    Neutral Cards:
    -(3)Acolyte of Pain x2
    -(3)Big Game Hunter
    -(5)Sludge Belcher x2
    -(6)Emperor Thaurissian
    -(6)Justicar Trueheart
    -(6)Sylvanas Windrunner
    -(7)Dr. Boom
    -(:cool:Ragnaros the Firelord
    -(9)Ysera

    Card Replacements- (Will add this later)

    Playstyle-

    Control Warrior is all about controlling the game as much as possible utilizing your vast array of removal cards to deal with each threat your opponent throws at you and armoring up to give yourself much more health than your opponent. Later the game goes, the better for you, assuming you stayed on top of armoring up and keeping the opponent's board clear. If you play this deck, be prepared to go into fatigue pretty often. If possible, utilize your hero power as often as you can. However, clearing the enemy board is more important 90% of the time. The other 10% is when the enemy only has something like an Annoy-O-Tron that won't cause enough to trouble to be worthwhile removing at the moment. Your weapons are your friends when it comes to clearing out minions, don't be afraid to take that damage to face to prevent more attacks, you are a warrior after all.

    Justicar Trueheart plays a big role in this deck as she changes your hero power to give you 4 armor each time, rather than 2. This can, and probably will, win you games. It allows you to stay alive against more aggressive decks, or it gives you the ability to survive against fatigue for much longer.

    Your main source of damage is through Grommash and Cruel Taskmaster(if possible), Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, and Ysera's cards. Try not to play them if you feel it's likely that the enemy will be able to eliminate them the next turn, unless absolutely necessary to stay in the game.

    Mulligan-

    You always want to keep or get a Fiery War Axe in your opening, it allows you to clear 2 minions early on without having to use some of your more important removals, such as taskmaster, execute, or shield slam. If you think you are going to go against an aggro deck, like Warlock, Hunter, or Secret Paladin, keep Brawl as well if possible. If they overextend on the board, this can keep you in the game while slowing them down immensely.

    (Still learning mulligans, will add on to this section at some point)

    If you have any questions, reply and I'll try to get to them as quickly as possible.
     
    Erica and bearzen like this.
  2. Erica

    Erica Mumble Silence Champion Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2010
    Messages:
    1,858
    Likes Received:
    765
    Trophy Points:
    630
    Location:
    Ohio
    I don't have the big Legendaries for this deck so I normally run a Patron/Worgen deck when playing warrior.
     
  3. Zeklomontu

    Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2014
    Messages:
    1,548
    Likes Received:
    807
    Trophy Points:
    655
    Gender:
    Male
    That's the biggest problem with this deck, it won't work very well without the legendaries. Even with decent replacements for them all, it becomes really gimped. I hate patron and can't wait for it to be gone. But worgen is awesome.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
     
    Erica likes this.

Share This Page