CU Beta 1 Begins July 31

Discussion in 'Camelot Unchained' started by LoanWolf, Jul 27, 2018.

1. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

2. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

3. Ledmojo

Ledmojo Dragon with no fire Website Administrator Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

we will see if it starts. its important that people remember this is an ol' school beta. dont expect anything remotely close to a finished game. Ive been in the Alpha.......LOOOOOOOOOOONG WAY TO GO! Id advise on not investing yet.

4. Ledmojo

Ledmojo Dragon with no fire Website Administrator Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

That being said. they have DONE ALOT in a week. insane...

5. Monte

Monte Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

I was thinking of getting a pack and starting the beta, if it does start. So you saying it isn't worth trying yet?

6. Ledmojo

Its pretty much just an engine right now. I do think it will be really good though

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  7. Monte

Monte Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

K. Thanks letting me know. Will keep an eye on this.

8. Ledmojo

9. Ledmojo

I would suggest buying in if you are interested in shaping a MMO, and being very involved in MMO development. This Beta 1 is straight tech engine with all place holders. So if you like interacting with developers, and enjoy seeing how an engine progresses into a MMO, buy a pack. If you LOVED DAOC, you prob want to watch this game. Also, watch the video above. Feel free to hit me up in mumble with questions.

Monte and Averie like this.
  10. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

I was actually watching some Dev gameplay streams last night on this game ... they were testing the server and rendering during a 300 player castle siege. I must say, the engine worked very well. On high settings, the rendering in the distance was off the charts. You could see detailed combat animations and movement from as far away as your field of vision rendered. They claim the engine hasn't been fully optimized yet, and if what I saw last night was the raw version ... then I have suddenly become interested in CU. Hope they can pull it off

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Ledmojo and Averie like this.
  11. Ledmojo

Yeah, engine is on point. I usually play once a week, and I can see what they are trying to do. Just waiting for it all to come together. they have SO much work to do.

12. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Will definitely check it out once it comes out. Just sounds fun honestly. All the good talk recently helps too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

13. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Have so many good memories from DAoC so can't wait to see how this turns out.