Eureka Wednesdays!

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn' started by Bulldog, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

Hey everyone, Wednesday, August 14th at 8:30 PM EST we will be starting Eureka Runs from the beginning and if it goes well, we'll try to do this every Wednesday as a group.

What is Eureka?
    Eureka
    is an instanced area that can contain up to 144 players in one instance. Eureka is all about exploring this area with a large party (parties can be formed while inside) and mastering the elements. Gear level requirement is iLvl 300 (and synced to 300 if above that). Eureka (like Palace of the Dead and Heaven on High) has its own leveling system called Elemental Levels. Everyone starts at level 1 and gains experience killing the mobs.

How to start?
    Head to Rhalgr’s Reach, specifically (X: 9.8, Y: 12.5), and speak with Galiena there. You must have completed the main scenario story quests for the Stormblood expansion. Complete Galiena's quest to unlock Eureka.

What do I get?
    You'll get drops that you can turn in to get Relic weapons and gear.

Why do I want to do this?
    Besides the fun of getting a bunch of us together to kill things, that relic gear makes for some great glamour items!

Note: Many of us have never run these (myself included) so don't feel bad if you have no idea what to do or where to be. @Wish is extremely experienced in all that is Eureka and will be guiding us every step of the way (along with the help of all the others in the guild that have run these before and looking forward to helping us out)

Here are some videos for more info:

Quick Guide to Eureka

Beginners Guide Tips and Tricks

Getting Caught Up

Mishi likes this.
  2. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

A good thing to note is you don't actually have to play on the class you want the relic for, you get the item drops regardless of class. Elemental level is shared between all of your classes :cool: You do have to be in the port to change though.

Mishi likes this.
  3. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

Sweet! So I can play as my Bard and get items to trade for relic gear that I can use on my White Mage when I level it to where I can use it? That is cool!!!

4. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

pretty much, yeah~ You will need to be 70 on the class you want the relics (to get the antiquated set to turn in for the relic upgrade), but you can collect the items beforehand. You can technically use under leveled classes as well but you won't have all your skills and you'll be dying even more than normal because of ilvl haha

5. Bulldog

Just a quick update:

Last night was our 3rd Eureka Wednesday run and was again a lot of fun...except for that last fate we tried that was one-shotting most of us. that was just scary.

First week, I was able to go from level 1 to 10.
    Second week, I got to level 16.
    Last night, I got to level 18 and got access to my mount and unlocked the next zone! (Thanks Tainted and Rusiko for all the rides. was much appreciated.)

My impressions so far:
    It's pretty mindless grinding mobs of certain types to fulfill challenge logs requirements until a fate pops and then after completing the fate, back to grinding. You'd think it would be boring but it's actually quite fun. Especially, when a bunch of us are together on mumble and having fun with it. Whether its trying to sneak past mobs that are too high level or taking on more mobs at once than we should probably be doing but yet still able to come out breathing...hopefully. You really don't want to wipe because if you don't get a rez and have to port back to town, you lose quite a bit of experience. hhmmm...maybe that's why the healers are getting upset when I (ranged DPS) pull everything within sight for our tank to play with. Nahh, it must be something else. :)

Anyways, hope to see more of you next Wednesday!