Farming circles and making money off of your property

Discussion in 'WildStar Online' started by Within, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Within

Within Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

This is a thing I did not know about. I just figured out yesterday that your house and plot are more than just vanity and decoration. So now I will work on upgrading my plugs so I can join a farming circle. Anyone here doing this?

From r/wildstar.

I first joined a Farming circle about two weeks ago when the teleporting botters were still very present. The first circle I joined includes all the gathering professions (Survivalist, Miners and Relic hunters). The second circle I joined is only for Survivalists which I am. The sharing also works on the gardens and on the festival food.
    I now have over 100 neighbors that I manage using addons like WillYouBeMyNeighbor and NeighborNotes. I can easily visit only those with Thicket tier 4 with 50/50 sharing. This is the fastest way to farm materials at the moment.
    But the best part is when you visit your own mailbox. Some pretend to get enough to make 1p/hour ... I would say I make about 2p/day on materials I sell from what was gathered by others. I recommend an addon like MailHelper to quickly open all and delete those harvests mail.
    I also recommend that you place you gathering plug close to the entrance of your housing plot, most people that farms the circles will prioritize those.
    One thing i'm quickly noticing is how this whole thing is growing, everyday i make more and more as i get more neighbors from the circles.
    TLDR; Make easy money by joining a farming Circle and letting others farm your gathering plugs/garden/festival

What is a farming circle?:

A farming circle is essentially a chat circle of like minded people with the same profession. When you join the circle, you add online membors as your neighbor and then teleport to their house. They will have harvest plots setup with trees, relics etc that you will harvest. When they have 50/50 sharing setup, you will receive half of what you harvest and the plot owner will receive the other half via mail. As far as joining one, you can either ask in the chat channels of your main city, post on the realm forums or create your own and start inviting people.

Shiala likes this.
  2. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Wow this is awesome, I will have to look into this, thanks for the information!!

3. Baab

Baab Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I belong to a circle for this. I don't have anywhere near 100 neighbors though. By using my neighbors plots I had maxed out mining by my early 20s.