Free Transfers for ALL characters on the NA Data Centers

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn' started by Wish, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Bulldog likes this.
  2. sweetrad

sweetrad Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I was just about to make a post about this, so in light of this, we should vote on where tenacious shall reside. I have people on gilgamesh, I know @Shadowkin05 and @ZoneOni play a bit

Since I do not know how to make a poll, where does everyone currently reside?
    @Rusiko @Nameless_King

3. Sagenas

Sagenas Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member ArcheAge Unchained Heroic Gamer

Joining in the FFXIV boat!

Bulldog likes this.
  4. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

There will be an official post regarding the server we will call home soon(tm). Excited to play with you all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. TartFlavor

TartFlavor At least I'm not Loanwolf Website Administrator Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Officer Veteran Member

People are gonna be moving to Exodus, since that's where the original guild was

Averie and Bulldog like this.
  6. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

Yes, as Tart said, Exodus will again be the server that we will all move to in order to bring the original Free Company back to life...Tenacious: A Free Company Reborn.

With the free transfers next week, this made the most sense and will allow everyone to take advantage of all the perks afforded the Rank 8 FC.

I know there are some members that will not be able to make the move due to longtime friends from other guilds they play with but I'm hoping they will still join us in both Mumble and Discord and if on the same Data Center, in dungeons and raids as well. Let not even far away worlds separate the bond we share as Tenacious!

Kintsurugi and Misaki like this.
  7. sweetrad

*#&$ i just paid $20 to LEAVE exodus

8. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

Put in a ticket?

9. sweetrad

nah cuz i did like like 3 months ago

10. TartFlavor

TartFlavor At least I'm not Loanwolf Website Administrator Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Officer Veteran Member

Wellllll cmoooon back :p

11. CranberryJeus

CranberryJeus Just a bit Fruity Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

its a free transfer back so dont sweat it

12. grouchy

grouchy Smiling on the inside Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Board Member Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Bulldog likes this.
  13. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

Some key parts about World Transfers (many others listed in the link Grouchy posted above) to remember when we do the transfer:
    • You must be logged out of the game.
    • Cannot be part of a Free Company (will need to leave guild just before the move)
    • Cannot have items for sale on the market
    • Must NOT own any land, estate, or apartment housing (Ownership must be relinquished before a World transfer will be possible)
    • Your character cannot be designated as the housemate of anyone on your Friend List

For this upcoming Free Transfer, here are the accommodations they are providing:

For a period of approximately two weeks following the implementation of each new Data Center, all characters on affected Data Centers will be able to transfer Worlds at no cost.

The following accommodations will also be made for players transferring Worlds:
    • Players will be able to carry up to 999,999,999 gil to their new World.
    • Players who own an estate will have the full cost of the land returned to them, and receive an additional 3,000,000 gil to compensate for lost furnishings.
    • Players who own an apartment will have the full purchase price of 500,000 gil returned to them, and receive an additional 500,000 gil to compensate for lost furnishings.
    Additionally, all active accounts (with game time remaining) in regions that experience a maintenance period longer than twenty-four hours will have their remaining game time extended by one day.

So, I'm assuming (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if you own an estate or apartment, you will not want to dump it before the move and will be automatically compensated when you make the move. If true, I'd hate to see someone get rid of their stuff early and lose out.

For more info:
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/11cadb280ca20f53f22e0b0885d1ebf675536bb9

Wish likes this.
  14. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/option_service/world_transfer_service/
    Remember to prep for the transfer before maint starts tomorrow!

Note: Once you begin the World transfer process, you cannot create new characters or log into the game until the transfer is complete. Characters will be transferred in the order applications were submitted. A notification will be sent to the e-mail address registered to your Square Enix account when the transfer is complete.

Transfers should open after maint finishes, which is supposed to end at 3am pst on April 23rd.

15. CranberryJeus

CranberryJeus Just a bit Fruity Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

oooh this is gonna be an interesting week lol

16. Wish

I'm expecting lots of transfer delays since it's going to be a free for all for the entire NA data center but I hope its not completely terrible :joy:

17. Kintsurugi

Kintsurugi 封印神の禁断剣 Tenacious Gamer

Due to packing for my business trip, I'll be up around the timeframe in which the servers are scheduled to be back up. Hooray~o_O

18. grouchy

grouchy Smiling on the inside Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Board Member Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

I was able to submit mine at 5:20am CDT this morning.

It said the transfer was complete at the end of the Mog Station fiddling. I am on Exodus now.

Zeklomontu likes this.