General thoughts: guild tax

Discussion in 'WildStar Online' started by Kyndig, May 31, 2014.

1. Kyndig

Kyndig Alpha Geek Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

So, I want to solicit some opinions. Wildstar allows us to set up a guild tax of 5%. Currently, it's off - which is cool, that's how we normally operate. However, there are some benefits - the main purpose is a guild repair fund, designed to defray repair costs when a guild dungeon run or raid goes wrong (the repair with guild funds option is always there for anyone with the proper permissions). It would also be used to pay for emblem or name changes and the like.

The only time I can really see the guild tax becoming more or less 100% necessary would be if they implement guild halls. That is, by the way, a distinct possibility; having a central location to place raid/dungeon portals and high-end component farms would be invaluable.

So....we have 3 options, really. First, leave the tax off and rely entirely on donations in any case where things are needed. Frankly given our membership I think that'd be fine 90% of the time. Second, we implement the tax now and start building a surplus. Third, we hold off and implement it when most of our players have gotten their housing set up, high level mounts, etc. all taken care of.

Thoughts?

2. Proof

Proof Conceited Cupcake Bastard Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

I like the third idea. I've been able to purchase my mount already but most people have not. Maybe in a week or two implement a 5% tax. This way people can get some necessities beforehand but still have some gold for the guild in case of future additions.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

3. Zawr

Zawr I'm the f**king Monarch! Loremaster Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I'm 100% okay with setting up a tax. I'm 105% okay with waiting a month or so to give members a chance to get their own surplus though after buying the necessities and then setting up the tax.

4. Majorcats

Majorcats Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

3rd option sounds the best, but starting the tax now would be fine. If I can get in to the game in under 2 hours, I will be on tonight and send a request so I can actually join the guild :)

5. CrimsonEclipse

CrimsonEclipse You Jelly Bruh? Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I am ok with options 2 & 3, come at me bro....

6. Chabu

Chabu Get in the van... Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I'm good with 2 or 3. I don't think I'd feel 5% tax at all and like the idea of building a surplus.

7. Proof

Proof Conceited Cupcake Bastard Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

90% tax. We should play the game on Dark Souls difficulty.

8. Kyndig

Kyndig Alpha Geek Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

So, another thought on the tax: for anyone who's been trying to craft, you might have noticed it's just a *wee* bit expensive. By which I mean getting most of my tier 2 recipes unlocked looks to be costing me about 20 gold.

How would y'all feel about using part of taxed guild funds, eventually, to fund our crafters?

9. Proof

As long as the gold is used for the betterment of the guild (or for my own selfish purposes), I will be happy.

10. Majorcats

Majorcats Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

To a limited amount, that would be ok. I have not seen this work too well in the past with other guilds.