Guild Activity & Alliance

Discussion in 'WildStar Online' started by Baab, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Baab

Baab Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

There certainly seem to be fewer and fewer people on all the time. The majority of the time I've logged on over the last few days I have been the only one on. When we joined this server one of the things was supposedly some talks of alliances between other guilds. Kyndig, is there anything going on in that regard?

2. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Hey when do you normally play? Within Kuel and myself usually play daily, but it's at night (central for me) but great question, would love to explore some of the dungeons myself.

3. Kyndig

Kyndig Alpha Geek Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

I haven't heard anything in a while; I'll see if I can get in contact with anyone this week. Unfortunately, real life stuff has had me busy as hell, haven't gotten much time in on any game I can't play for five minutes, walk away from, and come Back...

4. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I've been bad and sucked into AA. Now there's a game that drains you're life away and you don't even notice.

But the last couple days were the AA beta and was trying to support the new players there and help out. Turns out it's mostly the alpha players anyway. Wonder what happened to those that were "soooo looking forward to playing beta". I've slowed my play time in alpha so that I don't get burned out but still like it.

I'm be on in WS more next week, Mon onward. I'm not sure I'm any level (16) for dungeons but still leveling slowly. Rolling tank or plate dps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. Kyndig

We could run an adventure easily enough with you at 16. They scale back high oevel toons so it would still be good xp and guild influence; first real dungeon is 20.

6. CrimsonEclipse

CrimsonEclipse You Jelly Bruh? Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I was wondering the same thing. I have not logged in a bit because of the recent DDOS attacks but plan to login in all of this week hopefully. Guild activity has been well...dead, an alliance could help but maybe some in-game recruiting could help as well? I'm no elite gamer or anything but wouldn't mind recruiting trying to some folks. I don't think I plan on ditching WS soon, so I would be down. Though its all up to Kyndig.

7. Kyndig

I'll start putting some feelers out; unfortunately as I've said my time's been limited lately=P I'm hoping I can get back to my normal play patterns by the end of the week, but between the baby, getting ready for a two-week trip, and a slightly broken finger playing's been tough.

8. CrimsonEclipse

CrimsonEclipse You Jelly Bruh? Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Oh my....the feelers :oops:

9. Baab

Over the last 4-5 days we've only had 4 people log in total. As much as it sucks it certainly appears that our wildstar chapter is dead. I don't want to be like some of the other guys so I'll be forthcoming about my most likely departure. I haven't fully decided but as I approach 50 it certainly would be nice to have a pool of players to be able to run dungeons/adventures with. I'll continue to hold out hope that we can somehow have a revival.

10. Vanye

Vanye Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Been playing a lot this weekend, but on a new toon who is guildless. You were the only person I saw on when I popped onto my original toon. Not sure if you have the ability to do invites and not really sure if I want an invite since like you said, the guild is dead in Wildstar.

11. Kyndig

I'd like to say that you're wrong, we'll recruit, ally, etc. and come back...but honestly i can't. I feel bad, if I had a better focus I might have attracted more people to the guild or made some alliances, but the fact is things have been tight for me in real life lately - I have a 6 month old, a father-in-law retiring, a wife with some psychological issues, and an approaching "vacation" up to see my (relatively conservative, very religious - my wife in particular, and me to a lesser degree, are neither) family coming up in mid-August. To be honest, I don't see the demands on my time letting up, and Morgan and CG take precedence over my game time.

Other than Cyn, I'm the only officer that showed much interest in WS long term, and real life's gotten in the way. I'm sorry to anyone who wanted to play WS long term; if you still do and find a good guild, please let me know. If we can find a good guild to join for WS, I'd be happy to jump in. Right now though...I just can't do much from a gaming perspective. Some people on the Minecraft server might think I have there but...I can jump in and out of that moment by moment and be fine. Worse, what time I can spend comes in jumps mid-day and a few hours late night, on the nights I can sacrifice a few hours of sleep...which I've done recently more than I should have with MC, and has caused a few domestic arguments in my house...but to be honest that's been because of the community playing MC, which is quite healthy. I'm very happy to be an active member of a community like that, love to build things for community use, but unfortunately I I kinda suck at recruiting. Not sure what that says of me as an officer, but...well, it's what is.

I love Wildstar, I think it's a great game, I still have a sub and I'll play when I can. I'll keep the Tenacious name alive for the time being. But I just don't have the real life time to pay it the attention it deserves. I don't fault anyone who moves to a different guild for end-game content, in the end I may be forced to do the same (when and if I get to it).

Again, I'm sorry for anyone who is disappointed by how we've performed in Wildstar as a guild, and take full responsibility. I probably should have recruited more heavily, both before and after launch.

For anyone who moves to another guild, know that you're always Tenacious, regardless of your tag in a particular game. Represent us well.

CrimsonEclipse and Zawr like this.
  12. Baab

I certainly don't blame you Kyndig or hold any ill will. It just kind of is what it is. It didn't take off with Tenacious and that's fine. As I will be gone for a few weeks 3 weeks from today I may not really look at moving before then but I will certainly let everyone know if I find any good guild to join up with.

13. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

There's not harm in moving to a more active guild in Wildstar if you are in to the game ... it would be selfish of us to not promote active and fun gameplay.

Kyndig did a great job getting the game up and running , but real life happens. No harm no foul. Sometimes, large name MMO's just don't take with Tenacious as a whole, but we gave it a shot. Keep the guild running for the casual gamer who just pokes around a bit here and there to kill time and have fun, but leaving to find a more active guild in a game that is your primary time sink is completely understandable, and does not remove you from the community ... always Tenacious.

14. Ivy

Ivy Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

For anyone still playing/following this game, they have opened up free server transfers (though not guild tranfers afaik) and announced implementation of megaservers "soon".

15. Keul

Keul Keul Gamer Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

Thanks for the Info Ivy for the other peeps still playing.

16. Telhra

Telhra Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Thanks for the info Ivy. I really liked Wildstar but with my two little ones and very busy work lately, I play/played a little here and there. Lately when I have gone back its like a ghost town. Good to know they will let transfers happen, it needs it from the middle level stuff I saw. Extremely rare to see anyone else around at all.

17. Elric

Elric Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Hey guys, just wanted to put in a quick post in case it helps by having another perspective... I originally started hanging out with some of the guys from Tenacious just as a "friendly guild connection", as I am a member of Covenant of the Phoenix. Kyndig and I had talked about a possible guild alliance for raiding back before launch, but it never really came to fruition unfortunately. This wasn't because Kyndig and I never got together and talked about it more, but really it came down to raiding not being feasible for many of our members (so we didn't reach back out to Kyndig to set anything up). The exhausting attunement process for raiding in Wildstar burned out a lot of our people. COTP has gone from 200+ members in Wildstar to probably somewhere in the realm of 5-10 active players. What I mean to say is, this dropoff of active members is not just something with your Tenacious chapter in Wildstar - it's very very common nowadays. This leads me to believe it is more something to look at regarding the game itself, rather than the remaining players. ;) It's the same trickle-down population problem that most MMORPG's have until they finally get to the stable "dedicated" population of players. With Wildstar it just seems to have happened earlier, and at a more drastic level.

The active members of COTP that are still playing are holding out until the big "Megaserver" patch where all the North American PvE servers are being combined into one server. The hope is that having all of the PvE players on the same server will consolidate the player pool and make recruiting / alliances more possible. Of course, we will all have to wait and see.

Long story short, I wouldn't be too hard on Kyndig and your Wildstar leadership team. Almost every guild that I've spoken with in Wildstar is running into the same issues.

18. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

Heya Elric, good to hear from you old friend! Hope all is great over at CotP!

I've never played Wildstar, but I hear the requirements for being able to raid were/are kind of rediculous and extremely harsh on the casual player ... too bad really, I know quite a few people were excited about the title.

19. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Think it became just a placeholder until AA release? My daughter has been playing GW2 for quite a while and she mentioned that a lot of people were leaving that for AA. So just may be bad timing on NC's part.

20. Kyndig

Yea, the attunement requirements were...well, let's just say they made the old WoW dungeon attumenents look like child's play (if I remember right, I calculated once it would require a good, dedicated group, running together the whole time, at least 40 hours to access the first full-sized raid), and that closed off the endgame to a LOT of players. I really enjoyed Wildstar, but there was just no way we were going to get enough of a presence to do the endgame content; a lot of guilds just kinda died as people hit max level.

Good to hear from you Elric, sorry things went that way with WS for you guys too. Maybe with the server merge there'll be something of a resurgence...

21. Cyndir

Sounds like NC a decent idea but took the "group" dynamics too far and committed suicide

22. Zeg

Zeg ...there shall be NONE. Ez 7:25 Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Our family has been absent significantly the last 3 plus months... even through we were playing on the exile side of the server... my job and my wife's community commitments have taken a turn for busy (good thing) as we are doing a lot of training of new folks... I have a graduate working 2 jobs, a senior in the house, along with an eighth grader running cross country... sad to say, they asked me to un-sub them because priorities were elsewhere. And it is summer in Alaska... well... it was...

I have currently yanked up an old solo fave of mine (Skyrim in the Elder Scrolls series), modded the heck out of it, and am playing when I can. I still bounce through, but likely, until it hits -20 and it begins getting painful to go outside, my time is focused elswhyre... ;0

< still in the area, and will never stop gaming to some degree. Zeg