Guild Activity Night

Discussion in 'WildStar Online' started by Kyndig, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Kyndig

Kyndig Alpha Geek Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

Ok people, Wildstar has officially launched, the chapter is doing well, and I'm looking forward to a long stint in this game!

As some of you may have noticed, there's a guild progression system in Wildstar. We can use guild influence to get some really nifty perks, and influence is really easy to come by - we just have to do things together.

So, I am declaring next Saturday evening (June 7th) to be a guild activity night. I'm hoping we can do these regularly. This week, we'll focus on lower level content - the first couple dungeons, the first adventure, and PvP battlegrounds. I encourage everyone to get in Mumble, group up with other guild ides, and use the hell out of the group finder.

Higher level players, if you can, lease get some lowbies grouped up, mentor down, and run through some group content. Lower level people, if you've been wanting to do a dungeon, adventure, or ship hand mission with a guild group, here's your chance!

As for spending influence we get, priority one will be a guild bank. Second wil be the influence booster, and third will be ranking up to guild level 2. Today, three of us ran just one adventure together and got 20k influence - 20% of the cost of our first bank tab. Let's get stuff done people!

2. Proof

Proof Conceited Cupcake Bastard Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

I'm all for it. I have an urge to fill the guild bank with gray items.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

3. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

Good stuff Kyn

4. CrimsonEclipse

CrimsonEclipse You Jelly Bruh? Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Good to hear that chapter is doing well, I was on last night but had to wait like 2hrs or some shit like that to get on. I hoped on a nearly full server just to play around. Game seems cool, I should be able to play this Saturday Night.

I absolutely think this is a good idea we should do more regularly if possible.

5. Majorcats

Majorcats Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

That sounds great. I am a big supporter of grouping up and having some fun :)

6. Kyndig

On a sidenote, anyone who's not at 15 yet, try to get there; there's not much groupable content until then=P

7. CrimsonEclipse

CrimsonEclipse You Jelly Bruh? Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I see, only if I could get into the Server or even decide what class I want to play...

8. Kyndig

At level 10 you have PvPand ship hand; with those we can power level people pretty fast if we want to. As for queue times, I'm afraid it's just a matter of patience....yea, I suck at that myself:p. People are transferring and balancing load, but we have some good guilds on this server, and a good population base that'll last past the initial surge.

9. Proof

Proof Conceited Cupcake Bastard Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

True, I know I might be the oddball here but I've always believed a queue at the start usually leads to a good player base on the server in the future.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

10. Clicker

Clicker Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Sounds good to me, I'm in.

11. Chabu

Chabu Get in the van... Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I'm around level 13. It seems like questing is pretty slow leveling compared to PvP. Am I missing amything by skipping quests?

12. Kyndig

Money, loot and crafting mats mostly. If you happen to get any crafting recipes you're not gonna use from the bg rewards I'd gladly take them...

13. Baab

Baab Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I know that for me working on finishing up deradune, doing everything has me at level 16 already. I'm way out leveling things now but I don't care, I HAVE to finish all the quests :). I haven't even gone to the city yet and got my house.

14. Kyndig

Don't worry about outlevelling things, the trend reverses itself later unless you do a decent amount of dungeons, PvP, and adventures.

15. Majorcats

Majorcats Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I have not had to queue to get in for the last couple of days. I think maybe they figured that out. I play a medic and have not had a chance to do any healing yet so would like to try some tonight if/when we do anything that needs some healing

16. Baab

Baab Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I wouldn't mind running the first adventure. I skipped all the group content in beta so I could experience it all new at launch so now I'm ready to run it with the guild preferably.

17. Kyndig

We'll definitely be doing the first adventure, probably the fist ship hand as well. If we have enough people over 20 I'd like to try at least one of the dungeons, probably a bit later in the evening.

As always with group content, mumble use is strongly encouraged!

18. Kyndig

19. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I have to say I'm only level 12 or so and generally feel under damaged for a lot of the mobs. For a magic class this is so unusual. I'm still somewhat undecided between the spellslinger and the warrior. Right now the warrior seems to be the more viable class and becoming more enjoyable (she lives a lot more). But as I have half the spellslingers in the guild, i can't help but wonder if they're needed or if they're even a worthwhile class to level.

Any advice here? I don't want to get too far in this before realizing I made a bad decision and hate my character. On a side note, I know the explorers really don't have any group benefits, but I really like it. There is really a lot to do. And since I am solo most of the time, I guess it doesn't matter.

20. Kyndig

Warriors are pretty good at dps; as for the SS, I haven't played one all that much. CG took one to mid-20s during beta, and it was ok as a dps, not so great at heals. However I do regularly see them get top dps in dungeon and adventure groups...I suspect they come into their own around 25-ish. That seems to be the case for several classes.

21. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I was doing a stellar job last night of picking a prime to attack every time. Got tired of dying so started running away - not my style.

Then I went into one of my explorer thingies only to realize it was for lvl 14, I was 12. I got the trash down but then the end guy I was to kill was like 15, so gave it a shot. Died. Figure I'm come back in a level or two. At least the game is dynamic and I shouldn't have to kill the trash and play "Simon says" again. Yes, that was the panel mechanic to turn them off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk