I'll be the first - looks interesting

Discussion in 'Esper' started by Cyndir, May 19, 2014.

1. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

This is the class that caught my attention. We'll see how it goes as far as actually being viable. I found that I have to make really good use of the dodge skill and the smash/knock down skill they give you pretty early on. But other than that it seems like a fairly decent class. I didn't get too far and was in some mission when the dev hit the big shiny disconnect button for the beta yesterday.

If anyone has played this class to a higher level, I'd like to know how it does. Aside from the few skills you have to stand to cast, that is.
    :cool:

2. Mendien

Mendien I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Met the dev's at PAX, and told them my dislike of the Esper b/c of not moving with the first abilities you get...they said basically it was an aamzing class to play at higher levels. Don't need those stand still ones, but they are very powerful when they land, talked of coming into a capture the point objective and lining it up from a distance and bam!

So take that for what it is worth, they said it was a very very powerful class. I stopped at level 5 b/c I hated to stand still.

3. Noich

Noich Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I'm rolling Esper too :) Had the most fun with it in Beta of the DPS/heal hybrids. Usually enjoy 'control' classes and big damage numbers.
    -Noich

4. Proof

Proof Conceited Cupcake Bastard Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

I know at level 12 you are able to switch out the primary psi point generator for a mobile equivalent, albeit it is a shorter range.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

5. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I did alright w/ it. just took a sec sometime to line it up or just hitting that one skill that lets you absorb the dmg until you build up the PSI and then can hit w/ the larger skill. but other than that, I had a lot of fun w/ it and was usually able to take 2-3 mobs w/ no problem. So will probably stick with it. I got to level 6 before the Dev hit the big button, only got a few short hours. The last class I played that was a hybrid was the mystic in Tera and they got a horrible rap for dmg/heals and they had the most CC and other support in the game. Despite that i liked that class also.

6. Cyndir

well for solo situations, it would be good for pulling mobs, but after that, prob just need the short range anyways. But I suppose after getting to higher levels and you get all the roots, stuns, tether, etc. you can prob keep the mob away. I found the dodge to be quite effective. And in that regard it can almost seem like a turn-base type combat. Or just that the mob may have a "longer" cast time for you to dodge out of his path. Looking forward to launch.