My.com will publish Ashes of Creation in Europe

Discussion in 'Ashes of Creation' started by LoanWolf, Aug 21, 2018.

1. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

2. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

Yikes...
    Seriously? ...

3. Averie

4. Bambi

Bambi Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Sucks to live in Europe right about now! ;)

5. Quickling

Quickling Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Wow it's been a while since I've seen the outrage like this just caused.

6. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

Its like seeing that girl you like get back with the abusive boyfriend. But its ok. Hes changed.

Bobuko, Serenaelia and Averie like this.
  7. Averie

Steven is doing a Q and A in discord soon to answer questions I sent @ZoneOni in to listen since I'll be at work.

Hopefully he's got some magical words to make ppl feel better about this...

I'm really hoping we don't see my.com as the publisher for NA ... but we'll make the most of it. Like we always do :heart:

8. LoanWolf

Anyone whos charged back a my.com is probably panicking.

9. Zorph

Zorph Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

If you are interested in getting into Ashes I am sure there will be packages available at a good rate. Also if you are wanting to get out. I highly recommend taking a breath and making sure you really want to get out. Then wait awhile until this all dies down and hype starts rolling again to get the best value. I am sure there are people in Tenacious that would be interested in the package.

10. ZoneOni

ZoneOni Ware ware Website Administrator Epic Gamer Veteran Member

So this is what I heard when I joined up

* Stipulations about how large Ashes of Creation will be/goingtobe. The challenges this brings and how my.com will help address this issue.
    *My.com is apparently the thing that will let them address the massive distribution but most importantly they spoke to various different entities. my.com to their understanding allowed them the 100% direction freedom and other publishers etc did not seem to convey them the conviction they were looking for.
    *Do you trust my.com? In their discussions with my.com. My.com seemed to have the most understanding of their vision as developers with adherence to proper monetary structure. My.com at this moment fits their projections for being able to handle the extensiveness of their Launch.
    *Intrepid and My.com will both be involved in the community development as they get closer and closer to Launch.
    *Region Lock - Custom Tools encoded into the software for language and (what he called "cultrulization").
    *Constant "its ok guys" reiterate to the 300+ voice chat by Steven.
    *Discord Lag* Discord Clicks* Discord Pops*
    *Reiteration about how my.com had the best discussions about shared vision and understanding.......he just said that the my.com guys were a lot of their kickstart backers?! wut....
    *Timed events will be according to their region, ties back to the encoded tools in the client for cultrulization.....I imagine.
    *Once again reiteration about how my.com is the way to go. Apparently there are multiple questions asking the same thing. Apparently this has been in the works for 5 months.
    *Question about his Avocado fetish.
    *Game will not be pay to win, whatever pay to win means.
    *If my.com doesn't work, then both developer and publisher will want to change their arrangement, whatever arrangement means.
    *Concerns about EU over saturating the NA network if and when MY.com rickrolls them. Apparently the perception is that EU will somehow be worse then NA because of reputation with My.com.
    *Holy crap the join discord noise is driving me crazy. Hate it. HAAATE it.
    *Question about what kind of potato he would be, he said wrestle potato.....I don't know what that means.
    *Garbled answer to non-sequitur question due to discord lag.
    *Implications that he would not have been able to make enough money to start without kickstarter, not sure why that was a question.
    *If my.com doesn't deliver Steven said he was gonna fix it. There is a way to fix it. Verbatim.
    *Two-way factor authentication is greenlight. Possibly starting with Alpha 1.
    *Another indication that it won't be pay to win. It's firm this time. Not like the first time. Or the 2nd time.
    *Somone points a finger at Steven why he didnt tell the community that they would not be able to self-publish. Coincidently discord tagged out
    *LAG LAG LAG
    *End

11. Averie

A wrestle potato, lmfao!
    For someone so smart you sure are dumb.
    :joy:

12. ZoneOni

He Definately said wrestle potato. Zorph back me up.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

13. LoanWolf

Maybe he was thinking about that video game about the avocado wrestler 2.

14. Zorph

I am not the best source, but I heard "russet potato". Sorry

[​IMG]

I didn't hear wrestle potato. But I did just found out people do wrestle in potatoes.

[​IMG]

15. ZoneOni

16. ZoneOni

ded to me

Kintsurugi and Zorph like this.
  17. Zorph

Is ded similar to dead?

Sorry:(

18. ZoneOni

No worries. Gonna get you a wrestle potato for Christmas.

19. Averie

Secret Santa will be starting in just a few months!! ...
    Potatoes for all!

ZoneOni likes this.
  20. Trung

Trung Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

21. TartFlavor

TartFlavor At least I'm not Loanwolf Website Administrator Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Officer Veteran Member

You got any more info on what exactly this means? Does this mean they're going to region lock the game..?

22. Zorph

I believe he stated they have talked about region locking but no final decision was made. He made a comment saying they know were the accounts are created so it would be easy for them to region lock the game if they decide to do it. I am sure some will find ways around it with VPN etc...

I am guessing My.com/mail.ru want the game to be region locked. My assumption is they will get a percentage of profits in that region.

23. ZoneOni

Yeah I don't think they will successfully set a 100 percent region lock as even with Bless online tried to do that. There was a way around it.

24. Zorph

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  25. Zorph

@ZoneOni and @Averie

Here is the part with the potato that ZoneOni says is a wrestle potato. HAHA

ZoneOni likes this.
  26. ZoneOni

Clearly wrestle.

27. Serenaelia

Serenaelia Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

There were quite a few of us in that discord....and omg the lag was horrible. One more excellent reason to stick with mumble because Discord is not ready to host so many people at one time....

I promised myself after Skyforge and Revelation I will never touch a product where my.com is involved. They better not involve them in NA cause there will be an extremely sad Seren in the house....

I understand Steven wants us to trust them. Does he not understand that, for the MMO community, we have been given that line time and time again? I hope for their sake that my.com doesn't screw it up in EU. This game is so promising and honestly, the last hope for many of us.

And sorry @ZoneOni ...I heard "russet"

28. ZoneOni

All I'm saying is Wrestle Potatos are a thing and I can prove it.

Zorph likes this.
  29. Zorph

@ZoneOni Good luck my friend

@Serenaelia FYI - there was well over 5k people on the discord server and large percentage in Discord. Mumble would of just melted with a fraction of that amount of people. If you recalled it crashed many times just with RO launch.

30. ZoneOni

Lol thanks.

31. Malignity

Malignity Degenerate Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

This is upsetting, think I need to wrestle a potato to get out muh aggression now.

32. ZoneOni

Confirmed existence. Thanks malignity

Malignity likes this.
  33. Zorph

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Do we need any other proof?

ZoneOni likes this.
  34. Malignity

35. Malignity

When the potato wins IMG_20180822_160519.jpg

Sagenas and ZoneOni like this.
  36. Belar

Belar Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

Should have named this "Tater Talk". Aside from mythical wrestling potatoes this news is disappointing to me. To early to tell yet though.

37. Ledmojo

Ledmojo Dragon with no fire Website Administrator Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

regarding MY.com from the AOC discord this morning if you didnt see it

Pay-to-Win
    As previously communicated, we at My.com are, and remain, fully committed to supporting the creative vision that Steven and Intrepid Studios has for Ashes of Creation. Their vision appeals to the desires of western MMORPG fans, and we are fully committed to bringing this non-Pay-to-Win vision to the European players.

In the past, My.com has published and developed primarily titles that were, from the ground up, built around a Free-To-Play model. This is not the case with Ashes of Creation, which is fully tailored towards a subscription-based business model. We want to make sure the game reaches our players with a business model and monetisation options that matches the expectations of the fans and backers of Ashes of Creation.

We are fully supporting the Non-Pay-to-Win vision that Steven and Intrepid Studios have, and we will implement the same model for the My.com version as they implement for their version.

We believe that Ashes of Creation will be one of the largest MMOs ever to be globally published, and as a publisher, we are excited to help lead the charge , together with Steven and our friends at Intrepid Studios.

Customer Service

While My.com is always striving to provide the best possible Customer Service for any of our titles, we may not always be meeting the players’ expectations in this regard. The feedback about Customer Service is traditionally one of the toughest parts of publishing an online game, but this will not deter us from improving. We are continually working on getting better in this area, and we want you to keep on telling us about your expectations. In order to provide the best possible Customer Service for Ashes of Creation specifically, My.com will be working closely with Intrepid Studios to establish global procedures and policies for our players in the European and CIS regions. We will also establish joint service level expectations that My.com will commit to fulfilling. As a first step to underline our commitment, we will already begin providing a base level of Customer Service for the European and CIS region, starting on the first of September. This will give us some head start on making sure that everything is set up for the times when players in Europe will have actual issues with which they contact us. Should you want to get in contact already - we are looking forward to hearing how we are doing there and where specifically you would want us to improve.

Account Security
    Intrepid and My.com will be working closely together on bringing the account protection services to an even higher level. As part of that collaboration, we at My.com are happy to announce, that we will be providing additional account security mechanisms, such as Two-Factor authentication, that will help to protect all our user’s accounts. This will allow us to further expand security and control over accounts and data for all users and we hope to share specifics on these plans in the near future.

With the most recent implementation of the GDPR changes for European users, we have already solidified the security of your account and personal information, and given all My.com users more direct control over their data. These recent upgrades together with the plans we are pursuing with Intrepid will ensure that our data security is now up to the highest standards of the industry.

In addition to this, we will also closely collaborate on providing the client-server technology that will support this account security. Intrepid Studios will remain in full charge of compiling and providing the Ashes of Creation client through the My.com / mail.ru infrastructure, so that the process is as concise and secure as possible.

In contrast to the titles that My.com was able to publish in the past, we now find ourselves in the very positive situation of working with a game that is in active development, and which is being built by a team that has internalized the requirements for localisation and has considered this from the get-go.

Intrepid Studios is already providing us with the necessary localisation tools that will allow My.com to focus on the actual localisation rather than having to work around a missing infrastructure. This will ultimately allow us to provide a localisation quality that meets our own expectations as much as those of the Ashes of Creation community. Additionally, the benefits of cooperating so early with the developers as in this case, allows us to provide feedback on matters of translations before things are set, which will further benefit the quality of translation in the game.

Server Quality
    In order to provide the server quality, uptime and general operations stability that we all expect from a game like Ashes of Creation, we will once again work closely with Intrepid Studios who, by building a solid and robust infrastructure and the necessary tools for managing them in the first place, will lay the foundation for what will be a high quality server environment for the European and CIS players.

In addition to the close consultation with Intrepid, our IT teams are already now beginning our technical planning. Working with our five, globally distributed data centers, we will be able to provide local servers that allow for the best possible connectivity, while working with cloud server providers such as Google and Amazon we are investigating possibilities for quick and efficient scaling of resources to quickly react to changes in demand of computing power.

Also here we will be able to benefit from working on the technical backbones early on in the development process, which allows us to make sure that the game and the infrastructure can work harmoniously instead of having to find ways to “work around” server structures that are developed for a more centralised market such as can be found in Asia. Intrepid supports the needs of a European infrastructure so that My.com can focus on providing the best possible service

@everyone Official My.com statement above, I would like to add, that in the discussions I had with every major publisher in the EU and CIS regions, My.com/Mailru were the ONLY ones willing to put words to ink on those fronts. In my meetings on Friday with them in Amsterdam, I saw the dedication and commitment from their team for these issues, and believe they will rise to the occasion and provide our EU and CIS family with the level of service that Ashes deserves

38. LoanWolf

Still going to be self published in NA

39. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

I don't know what the big deal would be. I don't have any issues with My.com ... no more issues than with Aria, NCSoft, Trion Worlds ... and the list goes on. Gamers will never like publishers, it's just the nature of the beast.

My.com at least has coin

Kintsurugi and Zeklomontu like this.
  40. Ledmojo

Ledmojo Dragon with no fire Website Administrator Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

I actually thought their response was impressive for any publisher