New changes coming

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Zeklomontu, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Check out the new things coming to Hearthstone here. I'm not quite sure how I feel about them myself, while offering a new mode for people who don't necessarily want to collect all the cards, taking away the ability to get old packs or adventures doesn't seem like the best course of action.

What do you all the think?

2. TheMadKing

TheMadKing King of candy land! come play with me! Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Hey Zek, Thanks for always staying on top of Hearthstone news.
    I think this is a wonderful idea, also "Adventures and Expansions that are not part of the Standard format will no longer be available for purchase from the Shop—this year, that includes Naxxramas and Goblins vs Gnomes. If you want any cards you missed out on for Wild play or just to fill out your collection, you’ll be able to craft them using Arcane Dust—even cards from Adventures that were previously un-craftable. Speaking of Adventures, if you’ve purchased at least the first wing of an Adventure before it cycled out, you’ll still be able to finish acquiring and playing the remaining wings." you can no longer buy the packs but they are making everything craftable even the adventure cards so now everyone can make the cards if they dont want to spend money on the wings.

3. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I like it TBH. Forces deck changes every couple of months.

4. Dovi

Dovi Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I never played Magic but apparently its a common practice there since Hearthstone released 2 new expansions and 2 new adventures in the last 12 months, if the trend continues it will all become too much soon.

It doesn't affect me any so I don't care. I do wish they would've introduced a retro mode for ONLY the classic cards.

5. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Its marketing. How can they sell new op decks, unless the make the old op decks obselete.

Erica likes this.
  6. Erica

Erica Mumble Silence Champion Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

I recognized the format from Magic the Gathering as well. It keeps things fresh by rotating out deck types.

That fact that you can still craft all older cards is makes it so you can't ever really miss out on getting specific cards which is also great.

People might complain about standard, but it solves so many problems people were having that those complains will pale in comparison.

7. Grimm

Grimm Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

yeah excited for the new changes, unfortunately they are releasing them when overwatch is coming out so i wont be trying them out until i require an overwatch break

8. Surrepo

Surrepo Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I like it, seeing as I sold all my magic cards this will help me from getting back into it as standard format in magic was always my favorite to play.