No soup for you...

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by josua, Jun 19, 2014.

1. josua

josua Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

unless you send me the mats!

I am a cook in Alpha and will remain one at release. Currently at about 4k proficiency.

Send me the mats and I will whip up something delicious for you! When I do collect a bunch of mats from my farms and do a crafting session, I will let everyone know and you can let me know if you want any.

2. Termintor

Termintor I'll PvP your face off! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

you got chicken noodle or tomato and basil?

If not I aint ordering none!

3. BLUD

BLUD Shit Stirrer Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

There are mana and health regen over time foods that sort-of work like the "over time" potions do in many games. These help a LOT with minimizing downtime when questing / grinding. They also are very useful when traveling because you can sprint a lot longer (which uses up mana). When i go mining i use this food and sprint from node to node while it regens me.

4. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I haven't gotten too far into the foods crafting, mainly focusing on the alchemy. So good to know. I'll check out the list and see I'd there's anything u can use

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. Minister

Minister Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I was a cook in eq2, they had a fun system for that. I didn't max it out completely, but it was fun. Don't think I'll do cooking here though, there is just too much else. This is my lazy talking, but can you list the mats that are good for you? I assume eggs, wheat, all spices ... but maybe there is stuff in the world that is harder to grow. I will definitely support the local chef, I value food benefits a lot =)

6. josua

josua Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I also liked EQ2 crafting. Had a max crafter in every profession.

As far as mats at release go. I will probably be powerleveling cooking instead of trying to make stuff at each tier. So the fastest way would be to go down the bread(health HoT) line. Then I will start to stockpile the lower Mana HoT tiers ingredients. That is until I get requests from guildies for specific food/drink.

So:
    Grains(any)
    Meat(any)
    Fruit(any)

With these I can make the chopped, ground, etc. portion of the food, and then I can grow the tier specific ingredient.