RIP Patron Warriors

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Zeklomontu, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

2. TheMadKing

TheMadKing King of candy land! come play with me! Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

so they are messing with patron warriors which is way harder then Face hunters, they should focus on fixing face hunters more then patron warriors. the ranked matchs are filled with hunter face decks more so then warriors.

3. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Face hunters aren't that much of a problem, midrange is better nowadays. The real problem is gonna be secret paladins. The ladder is gonna be flooded by them.

4. Erica

Erica Mumble Silence Champion Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

While I think a change was needed, changing the Warsong Commander wasn't it. They could have easily changed Patron's to spawn at the end of the turn and it would have changed the deck away from the crazy one turn swarm attack while still letting the deck do what it did.

5. Zeklomontu

That would have killed Patron Warrior just as much, if not more. You would be stuck with 2 Patrons at the end of your turn and pretty much any deck you are going against can remove that. I think Warsong was the card to change, but the change should have been that if a minion goes above 3 attack they lose the charge given by warsong. Patron would still be viable, but weak enough due to inner rage being useless, and now having a need for the Charge spell for frothing. Combo cost would have been higher and made the deck harder to play but at least people who still really liked it could play it. But now, it's garbage and they made a card absolutely worthless. I really hope they realize they didn't change warsong right.

Erica likes this.
  6. Erica

Erica Mumble Silence Champion Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

I like your change better too. :)

7. Zeklomontu

Well, looks like Patron Warrior is still alive and well. Win condition is slightly changed, but it was doing very well in the group stages of the World Championship. However, it is now a more expensive deck with the inclusion of Grommash.