Sandbox similarities between AOC and Archeage

Discussion in 'Ashes of Creation' started by Sagenas, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Sagenas

Sagenas Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I loved every bit of Archeage except the business model, which we all do.
    As far as i can tell, AoC and Archeage have some similarities but which ones?
    As far as i know the housing system is similar (AoC will be better because anywere except a road or main city you can plant a house)
    Classes selection is similar as well, join 2 or 3 class to make a new class.
    Anyone else knows what other similarities are there?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

Biggest thing for me is the trade runs. Caravan trading is a major feature of AoC that because its lucrative people will try to take your nuggets. I believe you can hire npcs to help you defend your nuggets.

TartFlavor likes this.
  3. Sagenas

Nice! Love them tradings, was there any mention on flagging on your own faction?

4. Bambi

Bambi Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

I haven't noticed much mention of trading SHIPS in AoC? ArcheAge trading by boat was the thing that had me hooked wholesale. Hell, just sailing around looking for someone to fight was a blast in AA. If they bring something that's even half of what AA's sea faring stuff was to AoC, I'll be sold for many years.

(I had every boat in AA except the Pearl)

5. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

Yes. There are no "factions" so besides delcaring war on other guilds you can pk. PK system I believe the more you kill the more corrupt you get and then you have a chance to drop pieces of your gear. So not sure if it will be ideal. Theory crafts of people using "pk gear" to go bandit mode then when they are killed corrupted they drop their 2nd tier gear instead of main. Also there seems to be adding a bounty system where you can mark and set rewards to kill corrupted players.

6. LoanWolf

There will certainly be ships and while I havent heard sea trading confirmed or denied I know you can upgrade your ship to include additional storages which would make me believe that will be included. It will be tough to do sea combat the way AA did it, but they do understand that this would be major selling point.

Also to clarify, no word on gliders. Before its asked.

7. Bambi

If they come up with even a fraction of what AA had for sea trading, I'll be all over it.

Heck, I'd even volunteer to run naval combat training sessions like I used to in AA. (I'll even offer to be an officer for sea events)

8. LoanWolf

The one thing they did state about naval combat is that you have to summon your boat from land. They didnt like the idea in AA that your ship would get wrecked and you could desummon it and resummon it.

TartFlavor likes this.
  9. Bambi

I wholeheartedly agree with that design.

ArcheAge devolved into a standard process for naval battle. Everyone would sail around, find an opponent and then both ships would be instantly despawned and everyone would fight in the water. It really sucked as a ship to ship battle is a hell of a lot of fun and attempting boarding on a moving ship was also a blast. (though gliders made it a lot easier, launched off the crow's nest)

10. Bambi

They could have fixed that so easily too, if the galleon designs would have had a way to CLOSE those huge boarding ramps off the stern. Force a boarder to come up the ladders and go through a choke point there and it would have been challenging enough I don't think a lot of them would even try boarding. It was too easy to stealth all the way onto the ship and then pop out to kill the captain. Also, glider drops onto the deck were Easy mode, there should have been anti-glider defenses that would auto shootdown any approaching glider.

11. LoanWolf

There will be naval caravans

12. Sagenas

omfg, the more i hear about this game the more hype i get.
    I keep forgetting the guy who mostly made this happen was a archeage guild gm, and hes taking the fun shit from archeage and other mmos,
    I WANTS IT NAO!

Serenaelia likes this.
  13. Serenaelia

Serenaelia Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

If you guys want to see the big picture, I refer to this page religiously. It is their wiki and has tons of really good information, update, etc.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

14. Monte

Monte Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

Get hyped. I really have high hopes for it and still be cautious.

Will keep watching it, but it seems like it has a lot of fun things to do and it feel like a job.

Like early UO days.

Serenaelia likes this.