Tenacious Community Officers

Discussion in 'Tenacious Governance' started by Averie, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

MythicGamers.png
    Are the leaders & administrators of Tenacious Gamers.
    In all matters of community and game governance, the decision of the Mythic Gamers is final.

@Averie

Legendary Gamers.png
    Are tenured community officers who have proven themselves as Epic Gamers;
    and have excelled to the point where they are now trusted mentors.

@AmazonCheesecake
    @AnonieMouse
    @Cadavr3
    @Daenerys
    @grouchy
    @Keul
    @Kyndig
    @Ledmojo
    @LoganSilver
    @Mishi
    @Morketh
    @Namru
    @Slash
    @stafoo
    @TartFlavor
    @Zeklomontu
    @Zorph

EpicGamers.png
    Are experienced members who have been recognized by leadership;
    and have volunteered to help manage Tenacious.

@Belar
    @Jet
    @JKyle37
    @Kale
    @Kintsurugi
    @Monte
    @Nightcrawlre
    @Phedra
    @SurgeMonkey
    @Telly
    @The Doctor
    @Xia_Simi
    @Wish
    @ZoneOni

Community officers are invited to post below with their commonly used ingame names, contact information, and a short biography.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Paradigm, Zorph, Enkia and 13 others like this.
  2. AmazonCheesecake

AmazonCheesecake "Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

I guess I'll go first...

I joined Tenacious in August 2014, not long before the launch of ArcheAge. Coming into my second-ever MMO (Neverwinter being first), I discovered Tenacious’ recruitment thread, and decided it sounded like a good fit. Who remembers our Land Rush practices for AA? Those were my first experiences with Tenacious… Since then, I have joined in on several MMOs, but I do mainly stick to “fringe” games, like 7 Days to Die, Guild Wars 2, Wurm, Minecraft, etc. I became an Epic Gamer in 2016.

IRL, my name is Jennifer. I have three younger siblings and grew up in the country on a small farm in central Illinois. I previously worked as a Veterinary Technician for over ten years, and left the field a couple years ago due to shoulder injuries. (I mention this, because my life dream was to work in a field with animals, and I feel a bit lost having left) Currently, I manage an antique store, and am working on a certificate for Medical Coding. I have a boyfriend, Doug, who dabbles in gaming. We have four cats, a black lab, and a collection of rabbits currently.

My early years in gaming were mainly console, specifically Nintendo systems, beginning with NES, clear up through the Wii. Aside from being obsessed with The Sims for several years, I only really got into PC gaming in the last five to six years. My younger brother and I (who WILL someday be joining once I talk him into it) have always been gamer types… Gaming provides a lot of joy, and an occasional escape from the real world. Who wouldn’t enjoy it? :blush:

While I may not grace you with my presence on Mumble very often (due to current life and living situations), I am active on the forums and Discord. I’m quiet until you get to know me, and always here to lend an ear if someone needs anything. :relieved: I also tend to have a really strange, morbid sense of humor, so if you don’t get me, it’s just because I’m weird. :grin:

IGN's: Amazoncheesecake (as long as they allow 16 characters!), Vadne or Kainda Darkmoor.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Siafu, Paradigm, Qigang and 6 others like this.
  3. Serenaelia

Serenaelia Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    Commonly used in game name: Serenaelia

A bright sunny day in June 2006. A woman’s face is beaming with joy as the Purolator guy brings in a huge box labelled “Dell”. After having installed all that was required to operate her new baby, she decides to try playing a computer game called Ages of Empire. Little does she know this is the start of an amazing journey.

September 8, 2016: Serenaelia is browsing the internet, sadness in her heart due to the lost of her beloved mother several months ago. She is trying to find a distraction from the pain. A game gets her attention: Revelation Online. While looking for a guild, a gaming community catches her attention: Tenacious Gamers. She feels drawn by that community because they host charity events. She clicks the link and is so fascinated by what she is reading that she decides to create an intro post. This will end up being the best decision of her life.

A year later, she's promoted as an Epic Community Officer. This promotion was accepted with pride and joy since her only wish is to make sure Tenacious members feels safe, loved, and at home. Her love for the community allowed her to perform all that is expected from her, and much more. A year later, she proudly accepted becoming the chapter lead for Bless Online.

You may ask yourself: who is Serenaelia? She is a (cough) years old single woman living in Canada, is French first language and works for her government as a Program Officer. You will see her reading various books on weekends, mostly fiction/fantasy/horror themes, walking in the warm rain in the summertime, attempting creating art via cross-stitching, admiring nature while going for a walk, watching movies (anime, horror, fiction, fantasy, etc) at night with a bowl of popcorn (caramel for the win!), or playing a computer game which allows her creating a fantasy world where she always wear purple, but best of all, meeting her friends with a smile on her face.

Never hesitate contacting her should you feel lost, sad or simply want to chat. She will always greet you with a smile on her face…

Welcome home :heart:
    august7c.png

Siafu, Paradigm, Qigang and 5 others like this.
  4. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

Hi! My name is Averie :grin: My commonly used ingame names are Averie & Averiie. If we don't already know each other on a first name basis I sincerely hope that changes at some point soon and we get the chance to play something together. I am pretty easy to contact, the very best way is probably still thru the forums although I am also available in our Discord and Mumble. If something's up or you need help always feel free to reach out!

I love games with lots of pewpewpew. I like friendly competition. I like games that move fast. And I also love RPGs with good stories. I love Fallout. Overwatch. Harvest Moon. Left 4 Dead. Bust-A-Move. Undertale. Stardew Valley. Just to name a few. For MMOs I really enjoyed ArcheAge and Black Desert Online.

I'm 28 years old. I have a chinchilla named Miles and he is very cute :heart: I love to cook. I kickbox. I'm planning to go back to school for Graphic Design in January. I've been told I'm a bit of a ball-buster, and I've also been told I'm a sweetheart - and I think both are probably true :joy: ... I am not afraid to speak my mind. I always tell the truth, probably to a fault. And I believe, that as people, we exist to take care of each other. I believe that the world can be a cruel place and that the only way to combat that is by loving one another. Lately, I try to do things that scare me. I've been exploring things that are outside of my comfort zone. I've struggled with depression for all of my life and it's something that will always be there but I am really getting to a point now where.. it isn't taking up as much space inside of me as it used to.

As an officer here, I spend many hours every day managing our community and doing everything I can to make this the best place it can be for our members. I have received so much here that it makes me very happy to be able to give back. I truly feel that I am indebted to Tenacious, because you all have given me something I've always been missing: A family and a place where I can belong. ... And I am more grateful than I can explain to have that.

I'm excited and looking forward to what Tenacious will accomplish in 2019 and beyond! We are so strong and I am so proud of the officers here. They amaze me on a daily basis with their dedication, commitment, intelligence and kindness. I could not ask for better people at the helm moving forward :D ... Speaking of the future, I'm very much so looking forward to Ashes of Creation! I hope we get to make a lot of new friends, and kick a lot of ass!!! :heart:

Paradigm, Qigang, Ledmojo and 4 others like this.
  5. AnonieMouse

AnonieMouse Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Hi etc.,

I am AnonieMouse. The name evolved(devolved?) from AnonyMouse, which is obviously a play on the word Anonymous. Originally, my gaming moniker was MadMouse, which itself is a play on my real name. Somehow the Mad changed to Anony and I've just been rolling with it ever since. My IGNs will all be some variation of "Anony".

I'm 26, from Melbourne, Australia. I'm short af, 160cm (5'3). That's why you might hear some people call me "Gnome". I sleep very little, so I'm quite productive IRL. I work 2 jobs, I read a lot, I write a lot, I cook often, I barbell train, I play games when I can etc. etc. I'm very much an introvert, I enjoy and prefer being alone. I'm not shy or awkward when I'm around people though, I'm actually quite confident...borderline arrogant. I just like myself more than I like people. :p

I'm a very competitive gamer. Not so much in the sense that I need to always win, I actually don't mind losing. I just need to be challenged. Nothing bores me more than stagnation, which holds true for me even outside of gaming. I like fast paced, PVP games. Mostly FPS, RTS and Fighters. I was never really into MMORPGs because the combat was always slow and boring. That was until BDO.

That's where I found Tenacious. I was looking for a guild that was competitive but without all the toxicity. The "Hardcore at heart, casual by nature" motto spoke to me. To my surprise, Tenacious was a lot more casual than I was expecting. However, I fell in love with the community and its ideals nonetheless. Finding people to game with is easy, finding a community that transcends, and exists beyond gaming, isn't. I've been a part of many other guilds that call themselves a community, but none of them are like Tenacious. Their "community" exists only through the games they play. It dies when the game does. Some will bounce around together from game to game, but if you don't bounce with them, you fade out of existence. That's why Tenacious is so special. There are people that I no longer game with, or that I have never gamed with, that I will still converse and banter with almost daily. The friendships, the bonds, the respect for each other all exist regardless of what games we play (if any). It really does feel like a family.

In all honesty, I never wanted to be an officer. I don't even know how it happened...it just did. However, I have seen this community help so many of its members get through some incredibly tough times. I have seen friendships form and crossover into the real world, where people would come out of their comfort zones and meet IRL. It makes me happy that Tenacious is a place that can help some of you escape the stresses of life or that it is a platform for you to meet new people and experience new things and grow as people. For this reason, I am glad to be an officer in this community and will do what I can to ensure that Tenacious remains as special to you as it is to me.

I think I'm over the word limit. That is all etc.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Siafu, Paradigm, Qigang and 6 others like this.
  6. Nightcrawlre

Nightcrawlre Your Friendly Neighborhood Nightcrawlre Epic Gamer Veteran Member

My name is Nightcrawlre, I also go by Venarieus. I am very competitive, not in the sense that I want to win but that I want to keep getting better so that my only competition is myself. I started in tenacious at the start of revelation online. So if anyone was around at the start and remembered my "arms race" with Namru, that would be a good example of my competitiveness. That being said, I love anything to do with PvP, whether that is in MMOs or FPS. If you ever want to duel, I'm your man!

Now that I have your attention. If you have any questions message me either on the forums or discord, I would love to help! Hope to play with you in a game!

Siafu, Qigang, AnonieMouse and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.