The 10/10 - 1/1 Era

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft: Classic' started by Temujin, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Temujin

Temujin The Khan Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Salutations Tenacious!

I would like to Congratulate everyone on the hard earned Victory against Ragnaros! I'm not one with Speeches like @JKyle37 or @mmoxei but I have a way with words!

Last night was a big big night for us in Tenacious as we finally downed the dreaded Firelord. TWENTY ONE WIPES My friends, 21 times we popped all the potions we could and put on our game faces. On that Twenty Second attempt, with a bit of finesse and Moxei's "Grace" along with everyone playing their best part, we did it! It took a lot of time, effort, research, gold and mental stability but we can now proudly say we are a 10/10 - 1/1 guild. I would like to personally Thank EVERYONE who, Came to the raids and continued through the wipes and progression, Changed their Spec to help the raid in any form, deviated from main spec to help out with raid duties. This is a large group effort and it takes every one of us to become a true Raid Group. While It's true only a few people got Rag loot this time, the true victory is all of ours and to be shared as it marks our first raid dungeon CLEARED!

With Molten Core Clear we can look to the near future of BWL, but before I get into that, I want to touch on how well we did in MC!

I have done Molten Core+ with somewhere between 7-10 guilds. From Elitist Hardcore Guild to Tenacious-like Casual guilds (albeit much more raunchy - the guild was named "Caligula's Pleasures" after all) Raiding with Tenacious hasn't been Full clears week 1 no wipes, but it also hasn't been no boss downs nothing but wipe week 3s. Those of course are Extremes, but I have raided with both of those types of raid groups. I am more than happy to say that Tenacious is easily in the upper raiding quality based on past guilds in terms of rate of learning and focus. I have learned Rag with each of those guilds, and the way Tenacious went from not even seeing the sons in 18 or so wipes to Learning and handling them as well as the hardcore guilds I've raided with in 3. We managed this in 3 wipes of son spawns!! - no we'll call em learning deaths...! :3 Everyone was hesitant about pushing sons because they are as the legend tells, p much harder than rag, tis why so many guilds push presubmerge. We thought learning sons would add many more wipes, but it was our path to Victory. Who knew we'd handle them like seasoned pros?

Learning Molten Core with Tenacious has not only been a tons more fun than previous guilds because of the community but it was honestly easier than my first learning MC experience, while we do have some experience within the raid lots of our members are completely new to raiding so pat yourselves on the back for that! The focus we show during our serious boss attempts EASILY rivals that of the hardcore guilds I've raided with. We have learned and maintained killing of MC bosses and Ony(22 people!!) exceptionally fast, imo. It excites me in many ways to see us take this learning into BWL and really challenge ourselves!

Week in and Week out We have improved, you can literally see it every week as our runs get cleaner and faster, it's a wonderful feeling to watch and be a part of! I do not think this was mentioned, but last weeks Golemagg kill was @ the 2hr mark, that was a 40 minute improvement from the raid before! As an Officer, I see the player commitment from all of you and it makes me work that much harder to see our guild progress. Many of us are theorycrafting daily to see if there is anything we can improve from the smallest details to improve the quality of our raids. I know I am personally committed to progressing our PvE game to the limits and beyond, just because we aren't hardcore doesn't mean we can't show these bosses who the real bosses are. We're not Competing for server firsts or speed runs, We're challenging ourselves as a guild to down these bosses and get loot! And Oh boy do we have plenty of Challenges to overcome in the future! :]

Last night was amazing and I am filled with hope and excitement for the future of our Raid group! Thanks again for giving your all :heart:

Stay Tenacious and Go Grind Nerds!

stafoo, BXpander, Proof and 3 others like this.
  2. mmoxei

mmoxei *yelp* Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer

Congratulations everyone! It's been a ton of fun so far and we've just started, I'm so excited for more loot and BWL to come :p. Great post by Temu, and definitely a lot better than my speech.

3. BXpander

BXpander Tenacious Gamer

Yeah definitely! Great post. As Temu said, the improvement has been noticeable every week from the start. I was actually surprised how quickly we got the hang of sons as well. My plan for the night was 5 rag attempts and downing him on the 5th was just the cherry on top.