The Chapter Is Alive and Growing...Again!

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn' started by Bulldog, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

I just want to say how incredible this game is. Not because of the great graphics, the beautifully written storyline, and the ability to level all jobs on the same character and easily switch between them. Not even because of the incredibly well thought out crafting system and user interface and the crazy amount of things that can be done in this game. This game is incredible because of the people playing it and the excitement I can hear in your voices...from the new players just starting out on the journey to the very experienced players coming back to play again (or have never stopped) that enjoy helping out others and greatly looking forward to the upcoming expansion.

As the new chapter lead, I am very much looking forward to working with everyone to make this a great game that you'll look back many years from now and remember all the fun times we had. My style of leadership is more of making sure things stay organized and people are having fun. Officers are not here to rule over the members but to help them enjoy their gaming experience and from what I've seen so far, they are way ahead of me on this.

Starting April 23rd, Square Enix will be creating a new Data Center and allowing all of us a FREE server transfer. We will be moving to the Exodus server in the Primal Data Center to reclaim the original Tenacious Free Company located there and breathe some new life into it. Shortly afterward, I'll also be announcing a quick chapter meeting to help get to know each other a little better and discuss some future ideas/events we can do as a guild. (if you have thoughts, feel free to contact me here or in discord)

See ya in game!

Bulldog

2. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Just putting my two cents in-
    One of my favorite things about FFXIV is the level sync system to help lower levels players! I really wish more mmos did something like this. It's super great and allows higher level characters to run lower level content with people and matches their gear/levels to the dungeon reqs! Which means if you're a new player (or returning!) you don't have to worry about level gaps and all that nonsense.

Anyway I've been having a blast running stuff with everyone, can't wait to actually get on the right server x)

Bobuko, Misaki, Bulldog and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

That was at least 3 cents worth!

I agree completely, that's another great feature of the game that I wish others would do.

And along that same line, you don't have to worry about out leveling your storyline quests. It will scale you down as needed so that you still enjoy the "challenge" of the combat as you should have.

Zeklomontu and Wish like this.
  4. sweetrad

sweetrad Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

im so happy tenacious is returning. I tried to return solo a couple months ago and lost interest due to the lack of people playing. but now that everyones here, its a whole new story

CranberryJeus and Averie like this.
  5. Misaki

Misaki Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

This is an exciting time! With the expansion just around the corner and New Jobs Gunblade (tank) and Dancer (Dps/Support) coming soon, now is a great time to get back in the game!

If you are going through your story and need to run a dungeon and Tsunami and I are on, please hit us up. We will gladly run you through as a Healer and Tank.

6. Bulldog

@Misaki's not kidding @sweetrad. Her and Tsuanmi start getting withdrawal symptoms after 30 minutes of not being in a dungeon! :)

7. Tsunami

Tsunami Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Veteran Member

Dungeon “R” Us

Misaki likes this.
  8. Misaki

This is a true story!

9. prattlepate

prattlepate Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Haven't been around much since Bless Online went belly up, but just wanted to drop a note and say I'm over on Excalibur with OTG. But with the new cross world visits, if someone wants some help, I'm J'Chah Dhan in game, please feel free to send a tell while you're visiting.

10. Switch

Switch Koala Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I've tried FFXIV multiple times but never found a guild for it, I'm super excited Tenacious is getting back into it!! I would love to join you guys when I can!

You guys newb friendly I hope =] lol

Misaki likes this.
  11. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

@Switch we're very newbie friendly, I would say a good majority of our peeps now are actually brand new players! :joy: there's a good mix of old and new actually. Just hit one of us up when you get in the game and we can send you an invite~

Switch likes this.
  12. Monte

Monte Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

Ha, most of us are.new again. Shit.. I haven't played in 5 or 6 years... before first expansion. Took me like 2 days just to start the first expansion.

Ssssoooooo many quests....

13. Misaki

Look forward to seeing you in game. We hang out on Mumble at night. Also, ff-chat on Discord is active day and night.

Zeklomontu likes this.
  14. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Holy crap had no clue ya'll started the guild back up.

I'll have to see if I can get back in, was playing for a bit and working on my paly relic's.

Misaki likes this.
  15. Misaki

Come play with us!

16. Zeg

Zeg ...there shall be NONE. Ez 7:25 Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I bought this several years ago... the collectors edition sight unseen... was a really bad decision as it went F2p in like 5 weeks....even though I loved the chara (had the cutest cat)... is it better now?

17. Wish

@Zeg it's...not f2p? its a sub based game and you have to buy the expansions. I believe the 7 day log in campaign is still going, if you want to try it out. There's a callback campaign going on too, so if you were in the fc before we can send you an invite that way as well.

I'm not really sure what you mean by better?
    Unless you mean the original FFXIV, and not A Realm Reborn
    in which case
    LOL
    it's not even the same

18. Zeg

Yeah.. original FFXIV...

19. Wish

RIP, I'm sorry for your loss
    I heard it was a dumpster fire :joy:
    you should def try it again
    yoshi p turned the trash fire into something honestly pretty amazing

20. sweetrad

sweetrad Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

yeah the original game was so bad they literally NUKED the servers and rebuilt it from the ground up. you can watch it here

Zeg and Bulldog like this.
  21. Bulldog

Yeah, it's a different game alltogether...one could say it's like the Realm has been Reborn.

Absolute incredible storyline and quests.
    Fantastic dungeons & trials: from easy to only the truly insane should attempt.
    Great Graphics.
    Very detailed and well thought out crafting system.
    Good Combat system (tab-targeting. I'd prefer action but tab-targetting is nice when you are running for your life but still able to shoot the mob)
    Requires Trinity system and for each to know their roles.
    Great variety of classes (jobs) and a single toon can play them ALL.
    Sub-par PVP - Hard core (or even semi-hard core) PVPers may want to look elsewhere.

(combat system starts out a little slow and boring but keeps slowly building up to a much more fun and complex system by level 40 to 50ish and then throws even more at you.)

22. Zeg

Wow... pretty crazy. Have to say, needed to be nuked. The greatest disappointment of my 30 years gaming.

Have to see what the coming year holds. May have to check out realm reborn.

23. josua

josua Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

@Bulldog finally got my old account unlocked. I will be downloading tonight, and hopefully playing with you guys soon.

Forgot which server i am currently on, but at least I can be in Mumble.

Wish and Bulldog like this.
  24. grouchy

grouchy Smiling on the inside Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Board Member Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Looks like you missed the free transfer, think that ended April 16th.

But since you are a highly paid professional, you could always sink the thousands of dollars a transfer costs into the game. :)

25. Bulldog

@josua, by Thousands of dollars, he means $18. :)

Hope you can find your way to Exodus but if not, definitely stop in mumble and say Hi !!!

What job(s) were you playing?

26. josua

Oh, i think I am on Exodus. I was getting an invoice ready to send to @grouchy for those thousands of dollars...

I have a (insert name of the archer after i got to max level before Heavensward). was it Bard?

As an altaholic, I also have most other combat jobs started, and all of the crafting classes pretty high.

27. Bulldog

Yes, a Bard...same as me. Hope you remember it well because I'm going to bombard you with best rotations questions!! lol

28. josua

there are rotations??

29. Bulldog

Ahhh...you play like me then!! :)