THE GRAND TOURNAMENT!!!

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Zeklomontu, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Only 1 more day of waiting until the second expansion for Hearthstone comes out. Anyone else looking forward to the new cards and new mechanics introduced? Joust or Inspire? Did anyone else do the pre-purchase? Let's talk about it.

Erica and Zawr like this.
  2. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Really looking forward to all the crazy strong Shaman cards coming up, especially the legendary with the battlecry that increases all minions in your hand and deck by +1/+1. Gonna be some crazy combos using the pandas and that coming up.

3. Erica

Erica Mumble Silence Champion Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

I didn't do the prepurchase, I've just been saving up all my gold to buy a bunch of packs when they open up.

I do look forward to the new mechanics, although I did kind of hate the Mage deck during this week's brawl. :p

4. Zeklomontu

I've been saving gold too, either to buy more packs or do a bunch of arenas. Did you not like going against the mage deck or playing it? I felt the premade decks were weak compared to what they could be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. Erica

Erica Mumble Silence Champion Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

At first I kept losing to the Mage deck, then I got a quest to win with Hunter and kept getting Mage and losing with it. Eventually I got a few good hands with the Hunter deck and finished my quests. :)

6. Zeklomontu

Mage deck definitely feels weird, gotta set up the hero power combos or it just doesn't work out. Hunter one you just kinda play normally just with an added RNG mechanic.

7. Zeklomontu

Results of 50 packs(A bit disappointed):

Common- 174. 5 golden.
    Rare- 50. 4 golden.
    Epic- 10. 1 golden.
    Legendary- 1. Rhonin.

Extras- 10 Rare, 86 Common. 830 dust, some extra from goldens.

Miscounted a bit it looks like, probably just more commons though.

Another 17 decks opened.

Common-63
    Rare-19. 1 golden
    Epic-2
    Legendary-1

Extras- 10 Rare, 57 Common, 735 dust, some extra from goldens.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  8. Erica

Bought 20 packs
    Disenchanted 10 commons so far
    24 Rares
    5 Epics
    0 Legendaries :(
    4 Golds

Haven't really had the time to put any of the new cards into my decks yet.

9. Zeklomontu

Same here, I did craft Justicar Trueheart so that's going in like all my decks. Will play around with the rest.

10. Sarkk

Sarkk Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I bought my preorder and ended up with 2 legendaries, Dreadscale and Saraad. Then I crafted Varian with all the dust I made. Now just to get my patron and make a viable warrior deck lol

11. Zeklomontu

Saraad seems like a really good card, congrats on that. I don't like playing patron warrir, just didn't like the play. I've been loving control warrior. Thought about going for varian as well but I just went for ysera instead saw.

12. Sarkk

Sarkk Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I haven't looked up any decks or builds.. I just play what seems to do okay with what I have. The highest I ever got in ranked was 17. I hate arenas though... Not sure I know how to draft or just super unlucky. lol

13. Zeklomontu

I'm bad at deck making so I usually look stuff up to get an idea. I'm terrible at arenas too, probably drafting is a big problem for me.