Very disappointed

Discussion in 'Family: The Ozzbournes' started by Sylvara, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Sylvara

Sylvara Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Hello family,

As I wasn't able to be around for the launch of Auroria, all of my information is coming second hand. From what I gather, Cen was the only member of Tenacious in the Wicked raid/voice chat. That is absolute BULLSHIT. Where the fuck were the leaders? Pulling their pud? Cen, good on you for doing what you could to help Wicked. There was no way for you to know that it would bite you in the ass.

I'm quite sickened by the attitude and lack of giving a shit by the supposed leadership of this guild. I love my family, but I just don't know what's left for us to do in game. Losing Wicked as an ally puts this guild and any member of it at risk and I personally don't want to be watching my back for every single guild out there. That leaves crafting and dungeons. Whoopie.

I don't know what other games you guys play, but I don't want to lose touch with you if we choose to leave AA. If you decide that you are going to stick it out, and we don't, we'll be happy to give over our land.

2. Deathfeast

Deathfeast Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

@CenSaki @Mendien @Jorbad @Tytainia

Yeah guys, this Auroria deal was kind of a make/break for me. I love the game, I just hate most of the people in it.

I wanted to push forward for new content, new gear, and new fun stuff we could do as a family. Cause let's face it... At least we are organized and know wtf each us are doing.
    I have no idea was the leaders are doing, and it showed today that they don't either. I honestly expected more from this 5 year old community.

Well, Wicked's betrayal, leadership's apathy and ignorance, and everything we all worked so hard for... has burned my last bridge.

Like Sylv said, I wanna stay in touch, and I would love to play other games with you guys... I just do not think I am Tenacious material if its members are gonna be on the short end of every stick.

Not leaving yet... but it is gonna happen, and I wanna make sure you all get a piece of our land. I do not want it going to the guild.

Since this is an forum for us, regardless if I leave the game.. I wanna be able to chat and stay in touch.

3. CenSaki

CenSaki Community Guest Tenacious Guest

I'm not very certain how long I'll be playing AA.

It's probably not long from the attitude I'm seeing from the LGs. I get a sense like this is all trivial to them and we're all merely being childish for caring about things HUMANS care about. I don't appreciate this and frankly, I don't appreciate the combative tone--either. But let me be clear: They don't know what they're doing. I'm sorry, they don't. This is why I always ripped them a new one with my alliances in Aion when they were "hardcore". Whatever the case, their "council" is ineffective for this game. That's a shame though because I generally like everyone besides that huge foible of leadership being inept.

Also, if you're an LG and CAN read this... Well, I do mean it. I've single-highhandedly run bigger guilds than this on my own to a higher effect, at great personal cost. This is why I have not opted to be an officer. I also think this community isn't set up for someone like me at the helm. This, I am perfectly aware of, which is why I haven't spoken up about it to serious effect. I have my own opinions but I do largely give you guys the benefit of the doubt.

About land:

At least for the next week or so, let's keep those taxes paid and maybe mull this over before making serious plans. I think this is prudent and benefits us the most.

What comes after:

At times I've felt a little worried myself about this topic. I do really love you guys and have a lot of fun playing with you, occasional tough-teasing aside. I'm certain we can find something to play, if at least occasionally. While I may not EVER touch WoW again (sorry ;_; ) I would likely share interest in Death's Star Citizen craze. Honestly, I'm more looking forward to Black Desert coming out here than anything. I do play a lot of games though, so most stuff isn't out of the question when it comes to bonding! Hell, I'm looking forward to Dragon Age: Inquisition in the next week and I've been playing Shadow of Mordor a lot recently. I've had a WHOLE lot less stress about AA because of it.

Lastly, the Wicked debacle is what it is. I know their type of goals and personality. They're the type of guild that I've joined in the past and frequently left because they're all idiots. I can personally do better. We can all do better than Wicked. If I cared about petty things like that still, I'd wage such a war against them that Forestcrow would be the least of their worries. Thankfully, I'm much more mature than when I was 19. lol I also don't need that kind of malice in my life. They got their bit and congrats to them. Moving on.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  4. Mendien

Mendien I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I still can't login. I appreciate the offer Death, but not sure I can handle all that land myself anyway. If you all leave, I will go for sure, with Dragons Age coming up, I have tons of time to waste in there.

Here is how I see it. Paradigm wanted to try something different, and so we did. We went large and semi hard core, but it seems it did not pan out, too many just wanted to be casual, myself included. We attempted to make the run, did not have enough bodies to make it on our own, so we did what we thought our second chance was, to let Wicked's numbers assist us. We see where that went, they folded on us and went to assist other guilds from what I have heard. With what I have heard, I assure you I will not be going along with anything Wicked again.

We are all human, we all get upset and angry and then vent on others. That's life. Tenacious is no exception to that. We are not here to win an election, so we don't hold back our anger just like others. I have too much crap to deal with at work and inept employees I manage, and my kids always fighting about stuff kids fight about, gaming is my "away" from that.

I'm too casual I guess, I don't care if we win, lose or die trying. I dont' care about wiping in that instance 15 times b/c the healer or tank does not do their job, I am past all that in my life.

The forum will stay, TenaciousBot is the account used to manage it all, and only Zawr and maybe Fal have that info, no one else, me included. Feel free to use it to stay in touch though. I'll be here!

Oh, getting back to land, I am having that feeling of "bleh" about AA too, so knowing myself, this is the beginning of the end for AA for me. I guess I should give the Sandeep home to Apoolsa (sp?) since he wanted it. I'll figure out what to do with my crap in a week or two. Before I give away and cancel my patron, I'll let you all know just in case we all change minds and stay.

5. CenSaki

Yeah, totally get what you're saying.

I wanted to note, since you're an LG, that I didn't include you in my statement. I don't think you actually have any responsibilities in AA, so that's probably not really your problem. I'm mainly referring to Therm's statements, which can and do rub some people the wrong way. Zawr and Fal responded in a way that I didn't really think prudent. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

Def respect your friendly-fucking-ass. :p

Sylvara and Mendien like this.
  6. Sylvara

Yeah Mendien, nothing I’ve said regarding leadership in any way includes you. I’ve felt a decline in the guild’s “oomph” in the game for a while now, and it’s just all come to a head. I’ve talked to Therm and Term both about the lack of communication and wishy-washy leaders before, and we see where that led.

I totally agree, it’s just a game, but I’m one of those people who, when I play I play to win. I’m one of those RAGE TYPERS in WoW BGs when people are being stupid and fighting in roads because it’s a simple concept LOL

As Rich can tell you, I don’t have a wide variety of games that keep my interest. AA was definitely the exception. We may end up going back to WoW for the expansion, especially since the 10 year anniversary is sometime this month and I want my core-hound mount :p I know neither of you are WoW fans, but there’s always Battle.net (Blizzards launcher thingy) and you can chat with people via the launcher regardless of what game they’re in. We also have a Ventrilo server that Rich owns and manages. We also both have Diablo 3, which can be a nice little time sink without the stress.

Regarding land: If no one within the family wants to take on the tax burden or is planning on leaving AA regardless, I’m just going to let it lapse. Rich and I have both already cancelled our subscriptions but we have until the New Year to fully commit to leaving. I may log in this weekend just to check the vibe of the guild out (If I’m even still in it after my forum posts), pay my taxes for another week just to piss off land hunters and putz around and see if anything catches my interest. I’m really regretting buying the 3 month sub when Trion had that fuck up regarding Patron and I thought I might lose my land. Oh well.

I’ve really enjoyed getting to know you guys. Who’d have thought that the person who stuck around during headstart to help a little newbie who didn’t play Alpha or much of Beta would become such a good friend. (Yes Jeff, I mean you). Cen, you never cease to have this “go get it” attitude whether it’s pulling up plants or killing reds. Jorbad, you crazy Islander, I hope school settles down for you and you get a chance to play AA the way you want. Drew, we’ll see you in Battle.net and probably vent.

7. Mendien

Mendien I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Well I am sure my RL buddy and wife will love to have some land if it comes to taht, just let me know. I have not quit yet, going to calm down a bit, let drama subside and hop back in.

I do have a Blizzard account, but don't have it even installed at this point. Do you all use/run Steam all the time? Seems to be the best in terms of get a hold of peeps regardless of the game they are in.

You will not be kicked, I assure you that, nor Death.

Lol @CenSaki , I am a friendly fucking ghost baby!

8. Mendien

There is a Steam thread on here somewhere with my id, it is either casperinmd or immortaal

9. Sylvara

Uhhh, I can't remember the last time I logged into Steam. I played like...1 game from there. Something about blowing up monsters but also able to blow up your team mate.

I'll grab whatever my steam name is if I can find it and also my BattleTag ID from Blizzard when I get home. Again, we're not 100% leaving, but other than our family, I can't be bothered with most people right now.

10. Mendien

Do you all use the Gmail ecosystem? ie: have Android phones therefore logged into Hangouts all the time?

11. CenSaki

I don't really do Google ecosystem stuff, even though I am a big Android fan. I'm mostly on Skype and Viber more than anything.

Let's see though...

My CattleNet (I call it that because it was FUCKING SLOW back in the old Starcraft days. I'm probably one of BattleNet's first users :p ) is:
    Sakia#1891 in Americas right now. As far as I can tell because this shit is kinda confusing.

Steam is:
    Sakiax

12. Mendien

OMG...what system DO You use?

Well if you use Android, you always have Hangout on there. I don't play any Bnet stuff right now so won't have that loaded. I guess we default back to here then.

13. CenSaki

I have it Mendien, it doesn't mean I use it lol. Hangouts used to be Google Talk, as you know.

I mostly don't use it because it ties with Google+, which I refuse to use. I'm not hating on Google+, just don't like social networks.

Mendien likes this.
  14. Sylvara

I have an Android as well, but never use Hangouts due to the link to Google+. I do use Chrome (duh) so there's that.
    My Battlenet ID is Sylvara#1447, still haven't found my Steam account.

15. CenSaki

Alright, I sent you a friend request on cattlenet, Sylv!

16. Deathfeast

Well if we keep this open for the time being. It should suffice. I will posy my info tonight when i get home

17. Sylvara

Cool, I'll accept it when I get home tonight...if I resub to WoW like Rich did :p

18. Deathfeast

Think about star citizen guys. It's hawtness

19. Mendien

Friend is a backer and keeping me in the loop. Since not just flight, I'll pick it up eventually.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

20. Deathfeast

My steam account name is Deathfeast

my battlenet is
    Death#11334

21. Mendien

Which one? The circle icon with arrows around it? Found a few Deathfeast

22. Deathfeast

the circle/arrow one

23. CenSaki

Hm. Been busy lately. I'm sure everyone has been too.

I added everyone to Cattlenet but Mendien. Also, let me know if you guys ever want to play some Diablo or even Starcraft. I don't own D3 but I could play the lite version until I purchase it. :)

24. Sylvara

I think we're taking tonight as a TV night, but we'd be down for some D3. Rich has Starcraft, so you'll have to hit him up at some point.

25. CenSaki

Oh nice! You just let me know whenever you'd like to do something. :)

26. Mendien

I don't play any blizzard games atm..so don't even have battle.net installed.

When Hero's of the Storm comes out, I'll give that a try for a bit though.