Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

AoC Alpha1

Zap

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been playing the AoC Alpha1 preview, which they just released from verbal NDA, so all of Alpha1, past and present, can be discussed, just no pictures or videos.

First, I would really like AoC to succeed and be good. I had been wondering if Tenacious would have more of a presence in the Alpha, but after playing the Alpha1 preview, I'm not sure that makes sense, for awhile, as it's really not very playable at this point...

As of May 20th 2021, the game is very rudimentary and pretty buggy. On the positive side, it looks very nice, their artists are doing a fine job.

Combat for the Mage is basic, with a few spells, with no interaction between spells (i.e. I didn't see any working combos). The graphics for the spells seems fine. Again the theme, the graphics, art and animations seem to be way ahead of the games underlying systems.

The systems of the game seem very preliminary and rudimentary.
- Character creation is basic, select from a few available styles for a few body parts, so just rudimentary customization
- Combat seems very rudimentary (i.e. no working combos that I could see)
- Questing was rudimentary, uninteresting and not working very well
- The GUI is fixed and not adjustable in any way (e.g. cleric can't move party member nameplates around, etc.)
- The map system is rudimentary and finding quest objectives almost impossible for most quests
- Character inventory seems very basic and unfinished
- They haven't really incorporated a working crafting system
- Gathering is working
- Fishing is press a button and wait and you get a fish, no mini-game, can't do anything with the fish other than sell it to a vendor
- Dungeons seems to be unplayable, as the NPC health wasn't synchronized between the multiple party members
- NPC's are very basic, just basically standing around everywhere, doing nothing, as if the only AI they have is during combat
- No pets
- No horse breeding system

The mounts, however, looked excellent.
The landscape and buildings that I saw looked very nice.

Just for those interested who aren't in Alpha1, wondering where AoC is...

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score

Demonskyfish

Lives in Shadows
Tenacious Gamer