Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Finding Pokestops made easy!

CranberryJeus

Just a bit Fruity
Epic Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Director
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Heya all i figured since i mentioned it in another thread i would post how i find pokestops to go and visit a little faster than most
http://imgur.com/a/8nvsU

basically you play niantic's other app (Ingress) and use their map to find where pokestops are, there are in general less pokestops but they are in the same places

a side benefit is if you load up the ingress app you can see blue/green dots around the map that represent "XM" where you see high densities of this are where pokemon will spawn every hour (allegedly)

Averie

Averie#1956 - Add me!
Website Administrator
Mythic Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Soooo... I'm looking at this ingress map. I see green markers and blue markers, and blocks of color connecting them. Not sure what's relevant to ingress itself and what translates over to Pokemon GO .... butttt... do we know what the differences are between their different markers or is this something I have to go discover myself?

Are the markers specifically PokeStops or are they hot spots to catch pokemon or what?

esplain lyk im 5 ty

Edit: Nvm. Just realized there's a green team and a blue team in Ingress and that's what the differences are in the spots, lul

Last edited:

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Soooo... I'm looking at this ingress map. I see green markers and blue markers, and blocks of color connecting them. Not sure what's relevant to ingress itself and what translates over to Pokemon GO .... butttt... do we know what the differences are between their different markers or is this something I have to go discover myself?

Are the markers specifically PokeStops or are they hot spots to catch pokemon or what?

esplain lyk im 5 ty

They lead to your therapist ... follow them

CranberryJeus

Just a bit Fruity
Epic Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Director
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Yup all those markers should be either gyms or pokestops

Top Bottom