Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Some Basic Questions on Lost Ark

Ixax

Tenacious Gamer
Reaction score
East Coast USA, Eastern Time zone (UTC -4/5)
Earlier today I had an exchange with some folks on Discord concerning some questions about Lost Ark. For ease I’m going to present that information here so that others can benefit and continue the conversation if necessary. Big thanks to @KuraKura , @Trung, and @Zorph.

The Big Bang: https://discord.com/channels/390948435806650378/897829976819253368/928651447837532190

Can anyone discuss the benefits of the founder packs for this game? Are folks selecting a founder pack or free to playing it?

The 3 day headstart is clear enough. But things like the pet raise questions like is this the only way to get a pet? Or is it difficult to get a pet? (Level locked or hard mode drop locked or just tiny chance of drop, etc.) What about all that other stuff in the various packages? Is keeping a "subscription" up a thing in this game? (Like to maintain an aura?) Thanks for any guidance from those in the know.

This is the link I looked at for the founder packs.
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/shop

In response I received the following information:

The Russia comparison

Here are the dollar values for Russia

30 Days Crystalline Aura - $9.40

Founder's Exclusive Pet - $5.80

Total Value: $15.20 (Extra 1%)

Silver Pack - $24.99

1000 Royal Crystals = $13.50

30 Resurrection Feathers = $3.20

Supply Crate = $6.80

Total Value: $38.70 (Extra 54%)

Gold Pack - $49.99

4000 Royal Crystals = $54.00

Character Expansion Slot - $4.00

30 Resurrection Feathers = $3.20

Supply Crate = $6.80

Total Value: $83.20 (Extra 66%)

Platinum Pack - $99.99

7000 Royal Crystals = $94.50

Character Expansion Slot - $4.00

60 Resurrection Feathers = $6.40

Supply Crate = $6.80

Founder's Exclusive Mount - $7.80

Platinum Welcome Crate = $14.80

Total Value: $149.50 (Extra 49%)

Our economy will be much different.

None of the packages are required. Some like to have the cosmetics.

Gold is the best value, Bronze gets you the head start and Platinum is probably the most popular just because you get the most.

I was told that we don’t know whether all of these items will be for sale in this release and we definitely do not know how much they will be sold for.

I was told that you get a pet rabbit early in the game (under 1 hour) and that the main difference in pets is cosmetic as they mostly just auto loot. However, if you subscribe to the aura the pet may provide some buffs.

When answering about whether subbing (for the aura) would be necessary or offer a significant benefit, it was suggested that the main benefit of the sub actually comes at tier 3. This release is apparently beginning with only tier 1 and they expect to release tier 2 and tier 3 over time. So people may not feel like subbing until tier 3 comes out. (I think I’m still a little unclear on this point.) It was also pointed out that the 30 day sub can be bought using in game gold, and that if you play regularly the sub is something to consider. (This makes sense to me since if you play enough to regularly burn through your life energy the sub will benefit you, but if you don’t play that much then you may not see the benefit of the sub.)

I noted that the information on the packages reveals that Lost Ark uses a “labor” system. They call it “life energy” apparently, but it is a resource you use for things like mining. The aura boosts that life energy recovery by 10%.

Apparently, Lost Ark will launch with a soft level cap of 50 and hard level cap of 60. And that levels are not as important as they might be and gear has heightened importance.

For some PVP activities gear is normalized so gear is not important. This is apparently true for the popular PVP activities that people are playing in the already released region. It was also pointed out to me that the devs realize that PVP is currently lackluster and needs fleshing out.

Obviously, if I have mischaracterized anyone’s responses from Discord, I apologize. Please feel free to point out errors, discuss your point of view, ask other questions, and otherwise share information so that all our guildies can make informed decisions!

Top Bottom